none
how to make games in visual basic

Question

• Well i'm just wondering if someone can help me make a game in visual basic 2008? can i get some exact code on how to make it.Thanks!
    Saturday, August 15, 2009 4:26 PM

Answers

• You can try to get this book Beginning .NET Game Programming in VB .NET  . You can download the source code for all the sample games in the book for free. But for advance game programming, you have to move from GDI+ to DirectX /XNA

kaymaf
    I hope this helps, if that is what you want, just mark it as answer so that we can move on
    • Proposed as answer by Waleed El-Badry Saturday, August 15, 2009 6:32 PM
    • Edited by kaymaf Saturday, August 15, 2009 7:59 PM
    • Marked as answer by Martin Xie - MSFT Friday, August 21, 2009 6:06 AM
    Saturday, August 15, 2009 5:42 PM

All replies

• Hello Innovator

you can look at this website, it is a simple tic toe game

http://visualbasic.about.com/od/usingvbnet/l/aa093002a.htm

let me know , if this is helpful
    • Marked as answer by Innovators Saturday, August 15, 2009 4:39 PM
    • Unmarked as answer by Innovators Saturday, August 15, 2009 4:39 PM
    Saturday, August 15, 2009 4:37 PM
  • Well i'm just wondering if someone can help me make a game in visual basic 2008? can i get some exact code on how to make it.Thanks!

You can also try searching this forum for threads about developing games.  There should be quite a few!

Doug

SEARCH ... then ask
    Saturday, August 15, 2009 4:39 PM
  • Thanks!! I will do that! 
    Saturday, August 15, 2009 4:39 PM
  • You can try to get this book Beginning .NET Game Programming in VB .NET  . You can download the source code for all the sample games in the book for free. But for advance game programming, you have to move from GDI+ to DirectX /XNA

kaymaf
    I hope this helps, if that is what you want, just mark it as answer so that we can move on
    • Proposed as answer by Waleed El-Badry Saturday, August 15, 2009 6:32 PM
    • Edited by kaymaf Saturday, August 15, 2009 7:59 PM
    • Marked as answer by Martin Xie - MSFT Friday, August 21, 2009 6:06 AM
    Saturday, August 15, 2009 5:42 PM
  • Excellent choice Kaymaf . It is one of the best books in this regard. Well done once more :-)

Cheers

Waleed El-Badry Teaching Assistant Faculty of Engineering Misr University for Science & Technology
    Saturday, August 15, 2009 6:32 PM
  • what type of game do you wnat to develop? you have to bear in mind that visual basic has own limitation when using to develope games...

if you waht to do something like "who wants to be a millionaire" - using questions and answers.... VB is realy good for that kind of game.

Using database and working aroung it...

so all the best for you.

http://www.geocities.com/oflameron/

http://www.dutchthewiz.com/vb/games/

they have some code in their website... 
    DeepF1
    Sunday, August 16, 2009 4:28 PM
  • You need to create a time dimension in the game to measure the speed of objects of you can reverse you game.

Allow time to reverse.

Saturday, November 24, 2012 11:56 AM