none
Visual Basic 2008 - Automate Iframe In WebBrowser Control

Question

• Hi,

I looked all over the forum posts here and didn't see the answer to a question concerning iframes within the webbrowser control (there were similar issues however).

The forum has a classifieds section that allows members to post threads daily. I have a message that I like to send once every day to a forum and decided that it would be best to achieve this programmatically. However, I noticed in the visual basic 2008 webbrowser control, that it doesn't seem to automate the iFrames within the browser using the htmlelementcollection codes.

Here is what the iframe looks like in the html format:

<TD class=controlbar><TEXTAREA style="WIDTH: 500px; DISPLAY: none; HEIGHT: 350px" dir=ltr id=vB_Editor_001_textarea tabIndex=1 rows=10 cols=60 name=message></TEXTAREA><IFRAME style="WIDTH: 500px; HEIGHT: 350px" id=vB_Editor_001_iframe tabIndex=1></IFRAME></TD>

<TD class=controlbar>

Can someone please show a code sample for the above html iframe elements using the webbrowser control to input text inside of the textarea using a textbox1.text to specify the text going into the iframe textarea (this is where my message goes obviously). I'm trying to get my message into the textarea as soon as the webbrowser control loads the page

Would appreciate the help.

Kind Regards
    Tuesday, March 09, 2010 11:02 PM

All replies

• Here is an example page (not the actual page), but with the same iframe:

http://www.futureproducers.com/forums/newreply.php?do=newreply&noquote=1&p=48710189

You will need to register an account to view the message area, but that's why I think it would be best to find another iFrame web page to use an example code on while explaining.

I see many forums requesting this same information and it seems that nobody has the answer. I can't believe this since I know that it is possible to automate iFrames within a vb 2008 webbrowser control. Out of all places, somebody has got to know how to do this here in the msdn forums.

I can show some example codes that I tried, but I think it would be best for someone to show me some examples.

Thanks
    Wednesday, March 10, 2010 7:37 AM
  • I have already seen this thread, along with the older one that you posted to. 
    I do not know if I have an answer to your issue. 
    What you are basically asking is how create a 'BOT' that writes data to a web site page.
    Mark the best replies as answers. "Fooling computers since 1971."

You have asked this question before.
    • Edited by Rudedog2MVP Thursday, March 11, 2010 3:29 PM : embedded link to thread
    Wednesday, March 10, 2010 9:24 PM
  • I have already seen this thread, along with the older one that you posted to. 
    I do not know if I have an answer to your issue. 
    What you are basically asking is how create a 'BOT' that writes data to a web site page.

You have asked this question before.

I'm glad that you seen my older thread on the same topic. I guess it was never answered. Not sure why since I know that a lot of coders know the solution to this issue. I guess I need to create more until I get this question answered.
    Wednesday, March 10, 2010 10:26 PM

• Could someone please help out with my iFrame issue?

Thanks!
    Wednesday, March 10, 2010 10:27 PM
  • Read this thread.

Problem with keyboard events using hooks

Rudy  =8^D
    Thursday, March 11, 2010 1:25 AM
  • I don't use the WebBrowser control much but you might want to take a look at the below (lengthy) forum thread to see if there is an example that might help you:

http://www.vbforums.com/showthread.php?t=416275

Paul ~~~~ Microsoft MVP (Visual Basic)
    Thursday, March 11, 2010 3:33 AM
  • I don't use the WebBrowser control much but you might want to take a look at the below (lengthy) forum thread to see if there is an example that might help you:

http://www.vbforums.com/showthread.php?t=416275

Paul ~~~~ Microsoft MVP (Visual Basic)

Thanks Paul P Clement. At least you displayed a civilized and logical reply. I will try this.
    Thursday, March 11, 2010 4:01 AM
  • Hi I have the same problem like u. I don't why they acctually consider the idea to be illegal despite that u clearly specified your intesions at the beginning of the thread. The idea could not be used to do hack or do any harm to the website as far as I know. I have searched in google for the problem but nothing is found. Can u guys please help us??

Thursday, June 24, 2010 1:15 AM