none
I cant download Dotnetfx35.exe

Question

• hello all...i know there have been similar threads but i am having some serious trouble following the steps given to others lol...
    as the title says i can not download Dotnetfx35.exe ...i have no idea what i am supposed to do in order to download this. the reason i am trying to download it is because i lost my printer driver cd and i want to get my printer going. i went to the dell website to download the driver for my printer but when i try to open the driver it tells me that windows can not open the file. it then gives me the 2 options of either opening it from a list of programs or finding something to open it on the web. i have no program to open it so i chose to use the web...when i use the web it brings me to a windows page that pretty much helps in no way...it doesnt even tell me what i am supposed to download to open my printer driver- it shows a link for the microsoft .net framework and so i tried to download it many times (guessing that this is the program that i need to use to open my file) but each time it gets about a quarter through the installation and then quickly says that there is an error and that it is removing all installed components then it gives me a message reaffirming that all components were removed because there was an error and that's it.  i went back to the windows page to see the other options but all it gives me are a few websites to go to where i can download programs that supposedly will open this file but those same programs also try to download the microsoft .net framework themselves. so i guess the problem is i have no way of downloading this Dotnetfx35.exe...can someone please help me as soon as possible? God bless -damien
    Monday, September 14, 2009 8:55 AM

Answers

• Hi

Try Installing the Full Package
    Which u can get from here
    Refer this Link
    http://download.microsoft.com/download/2/0/e/20e90413-712f-438c-988e-fdaa79a8ac3d/dotnetfx35.exe

Thanks
    anliS

Regards anliS www.businessinsightsconsulting.com Please remember to mark the correct replies as answers
    • Marked as answer by YiChun Chen Monday, September 21, 2009 4:45 AM
    Monday, September 14, 2009 12:44 PM
  • Hi Helptheherd,

I can understand your worries on your printer issue. Please try Anlis's suggestion to download the .NET Framework 3.5 full package.

If the download fails, could you please try to use other web browser like Firefox or some download manager software to help downloading?

FYI:
    If the installation fails, please follow these steps:

Firstly, please provide me more information on the OS on your machine.

Then use Collect tool to collect the log files for further troubleshooting.
    - Try to clean your "%temp%" folder (Start Menu >> Run >> Type "%temp%")
    - Install .NET Framework 3.5
    - Collect the logs from "%temp%" folder
       Collect tool: http://blogs.msdn.com/heaths/archive/2008/05/09/visual-studio-and-net-log-collection-utility.aspx
    - Upload vslogs.cab file to SkyDrive and post the link back here

I'm willing to help you with that. :)

Hope this helps. If you have any doubt and concern about this issue, please feel free to let me know.

Best regards,
    Yichun Chen
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    Welcome to the All-In-One Code Framework! If you have any feedback, please tell us.
    Tuesday, September 15, 2009 7:10 AM

All replies

• Hi

Try Installing the Full Package
    Which u can get from here
    Refer this Link
    http://download.microsoft.com/download/2/0/e/20e90413-712f-438c-988e-fdaa79a8ac3d/dotnetfx35.exe

Thanks
    anliS

Regards anliS www.businessinsightsconsulting.com Please remember to mark the correct replies as answers
    Monday, September 14, 2009 12:44 PM
  • Hi Helptheherd,

I can understand your worries on your printer issue. Please try Anlis's suggestion to download the .NET Framework 3.5 full package.

If the download fails, could you please try to use other web browser like Firefox or some download manager software to help downloading?

FYI:
    If the installation fails, please follow these steps:

Firstly, please provide me more information on the OS on your machine.

Then use Collect tool to collect the log files for further troubleshooting.
    - Try to clean your "%temp%" folder (Start Menu >> Run >> Type "%temp%")
    - Install .NET Framework 3.5
    - Collect the logs from "%temp%" folder
       Collect tool: http://blogs.msdn.com/heaths/archive/2008/05/09/visual-studio-and-net-log-collection-utility.aspx
    - Upload vslogs.cab file to SkyDrive and post the link back here

I'm willing to help you with that. :)

Hope this helps. If you have any doubt and concern about this issue, please feel free to let me know.

Best regards,
    Yichun Chen
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    Welcome to the All-In-One Code Framework! If you have any feedback, please tell us.
    Tuesday, September 15, 2009 7:10 AM