none
Visual Studio 2011 could not obtain a license due to error 80090317

General discussion

• When I am launching the Visual Studio 2011 I am getting dialogue to get the developer license. (But i was using the same since last 2 months). After pressing "Yes" getting error dialogue "could not obtain a license due to error 80090317".   

And when I try to run the apps by pressing no. Getting error :"Error    1    Error DEP0730 : Registration of the application failed because no Developer License is installed on the target machine.    WinWebApp1"

How can I fix this problem.

-Amrit Mishra

Wednesday, April 11, 2012 6:18 AM

All replies

• This is a different issue than the issue described in the link you posted Gautam. I am seeing this issue with an older machine running the developer preview that used to work. 
    Monday, April 16, 2012 10:50 PM
  • remove all projects from project folder(move them on diff location) and create new project and run work for me very well
    Wednesday, April 18, 2012 6:45 AM
  • This sucks.  Apps developed on VS11 in Developers Preview do not work in VS11 in Consumers Preview.  But now I cannot run VS11 in Developers Preview since it won't let me obtain a license.  We have a client who purchased two Samsung Series 7 Slates months ago and paid us to develop a prototype project in Developer's Preview and he needs to demo it internally next week to get funding for the full project.  But now he cannot do that.   (And the fix from zahidGhaffar does not work for me on either the Slate or my dual-boot PC.)
    • Edited by Gleapman Saturday, April 21, 2012 12:23 AM update
    Saturday, April 21, 2012 12:20 AM
  • Yes... I have the same problem... I installed Windows 8 Developer Preview and it already has the VS 11 express.. so I tried installing the lastest updates on 'Microsoft updates' but it doesnt resolve the problem....  Also I tried to remove the projects from 'project folder' but the error still happens. So I dont know if I need to unstall VS11 express and install another or change the live_account.. PLEASE HELP!!!
    Sunday, April 22, 2012 3:56 PM
  • I also changed date of host OS for working purpose and restart win8 things are working fine

Thursday, April 26, 2012 8:48 AM