none
Application failed to start because side-by-side configuration is incorrect

Question

• Hello, i'm new to C++ programming. I just downloaded Microsoft Visual Studio Express 2005. I have vista, and the installation went smoothly. Now, whenever I try to run VCExpress.exe, I get this error:
    C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\Common7\IDE\VCExpress.exe

The application has failed to start because its side-by-side configuration is incorrect. Please see the application event log for more detail.

Im running Windows Vista Ultimate. Any help is appreciated.
    Thx, -Sheldon
    Saturday, June 09, 2007 6:04 PM

Answers

All replies

• Since you're running Vista, you must also download and install Visual Studio SP1 and SP1 Update for Vista

Saturday, June 09, 2007 6:38 PM
  • Thanks alot, it worked!
    Saturday, June 09, 2007 8:37 PM
  • I attempt to open Studio 11 I get the error message:
    c:\Program Files\Pinnacle\Studio11\Programs\Studio.exe
    The Application has failed to start because its side by side configuration is incorrect. Please see the application event log for more details.

Also I'm unable to load Ultimate Studio 11
    as well on my computer is studio 10 and I'm unable to uninstall it
    when I go to do so I choose studio 10 and the section to click on appears as uninstall/change where as on other thing when I check to see how the uninstall options appear it says uninstall (and separately) change.
    Is there a special way to uninstall studio 10 from my pc beside going in and just deleting everything thing that say studio 10 on it?

please help.
     kolaxola@yahoo.com
    Monday, June 18, 2007 3:34 PM
  •  

Hi,

I want to run VB exe file on Windows PE. When I run the VB exe on  the XP PC it works, however, when I tried running it on Windows PE, I am getting the error mesage:

"Applicatin failed to start because its side by side configuration is incorrect".

Please share any helpful ideas to resolve this problem?

Thanks,

MNIK

Thursday, October 18, 2007 6:03 PM
  •  

What if I am developing on Windows XP/VS2005 and I want to deploy my application on Windows Vista?
    Thursday, February 14, 2008 12:32 PM
  • Hey when i try to download visual studio SP1 or the SP1 Updated for Vista it says i dont have the right patch can annyone tell me what to do.

Saturday, March 01, 2008 2:32 PM
  • You may use the uninstall to the cd or control panel. But you need the cd also.. The cd must be licence cd or orjinal...well if dont getting this way, you may check your driver and you must run your virus programs.

try that.
    Doğu Şimal Ltd. Şti. Yüksel Cad. No: 34/17 Kızılay - ANKARA - TURKEY 90 312 433 23 15 / 21 Mehmet Arkın Gürbüz igtayazilim@hotmail.com 90 555 339 79 79
    Sunday, May 24, 2009 3:57 PM
  • you have driver problems or you are catching the some steps when you installing the VB. You must check the steps and or you search VB version for windows PE

good luck
    Doğu Şimal Ltd. Şti. Yüksel Cad. No: 34/17 Kızılay - ANKARA - TURKEY 90 312 433 23 15 / 21 Mehmet Arkın Gürbüz igtayazilim@hotmail.com 90 555 339 79 79
    Sunday, May 24, 2009 4:00 PM
  • I found that this side-by-side error can also be cuased by using the wrong version of the .net framework.  For example if you have an older app which orginally used 2.0, switching to 3.5 may cuase this error.
    Friday, April 09, 2010 12:05 AM
  • I am getting the same issue while trying to run Avast.  Exact same message.  I went to Microsoft.com and tried to use the "Fix It" program, that won't install either.  Plus there is some sort of boot message saying Can not find script file C:Windows\system32\winjpg.jpg.  Any idea what is wrong with my computer?  I am running Windows Vista Home Premium 64-bit.  I really need help.
    Monday, May 31, 2010 3:58 AM
  • hi fouse

is there true "C:Windows\system32\winjpg.jpg" this line ???. This is jpg document ?? Look it again. There are some wrong way your issue...

Doğu Şimal Ltd. Şti. Hatay Sok. No: 10/13 Kat 7 Kızılay - ANKARA - TURKEY 90 312 418 89 01 (Pbx) Mehmet Arkın Gürbüz Msn igtayazilim@hotmail.com 90 555 339 79 79
    • Proposed as answer by Selvakumarsd Tuesday, September 07, 2010 2:35 PM
    Monday, May 31, 2010 8:16 AM
  • My problem was solved after I installed this

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/details.aspx?familyid=766a6af7-ec73-40ff-b072-9112bab119c2&displaylang=en

Redistributable Package ATL Security Update.

Cheers.

• Proposed as answer by Selvakumarsd Tuesday, September 07, 2010 2:39 PM
    Tuesday, September 07, 2010 2:37 PM
  • My problem was solved after I installed this

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/details.aspx?familyid=766a6af7-ec73-40ff-b072-9112bab119c2&displaylang=en

Redistributable Package ATL Security Update.

Cheers.

Yes, I also installed the update Visual C++ Redistributable SP1. In my case the library was OpenMP that is missing, and the update has installed it, and solved the problem.

Thanks.

Thursday, February 17, 2011 2:17 PM
  • My project consisted of several C# projects and a C++ CUDA project.  I got this error trying to load the DLL with my CUDA code running on the CPU (I don't have the right hardware in this machine).  Anyway, some of the C# projects were .Net Framework Version 2.0 and some were .Net Framework Version 3.5.  I made them all version 3.5, and it worked.

Thursday, September 22, 2011 8:37 PM