none
Visual C++ Graphics ; How can i start ?!

Question

• I would talk about Graphics in Visual C++ . How can i start in this ? Could You help me in various environments ?
    Sunday, August 26, 2012 12:59 PM

Answers

• which is better , quicker ? I know piece of Open GL .

It's up to you to decide what is best for you.  Both are great.

How build my own .dll library ?

Search for answers to this question separately.  If you're still confused, then start a separate thread for this issue.  It's an unrelated topic.  But, basically create a Win32 project and set your Configuration Type to "Dynamic Library (.dll)"

I made in Open GL cube built from 50x50x50 of cubes and this cube rounded in space very slowly .

I'm sorry your application is performing slowly.  We'll have to go into detail on your issue to determine the cause.  But please start a new thread for a new issue.  I would expect that at least one aspect of this (the polygon setup) will perform up to 125,000 times worse than a single cube, so don't be surprised if it's slower.  But in general, make use of instancing to render multiple cubes.  Here's an undertaking very similar to yours.

Which kind of graphics process i ought know in order to compare various graphics ?

Why not do your own tests and set your own criteria?  The internet is full of graphics benchmarks and graphics techniques. What specific information are you looking for?

There's everything from basic OpenGL tutorials to GPU Gems books.  There's just an overwhelming number of publications in the realm of graphics.  You could attend Siggraph or the game developers conference.  Or get a university degree!

How does graphic arts down all processes ?

I can't understand this sentence at all.  Can you please rephrase your question?

Wednesday, August 29, 2012 2:45 PM
  • Thank You for basic OpenGL tutorials .

1.Can i separate GPU and CPU operations , when i use OpenGL in order to any graphics operation and  CPU operation together made product and did not influence oneself ?

The CPU issues commands to a GPU via software and a driver.  There are certain operations that involve synchronization of CPU and GPU, or flushing of command queues, but for the most part, they operate asynchronously, and the GPU can carry out batches of instructions independently of the CPU.

2.polygon = square = 4 angle?

No.  Polygon is many sides  (Think: 3 or more sides, in euclidian space).  With respect to computer graphics, a polygon is usually just composed of one or more adjacent triangles (triangles that share at least one edge).
    Thursday, August 30, 2012 1:23 PM

All replies

• Now this is an excellent question :)   Please tell what kind of  graphics you need.

In this forum you probably cannot find help  on "various enviroments" - only for technology supported by Microsoft and Visual Studio. If you want something else, such as QT - their forums are the best place to ask.

-- pa

• Edited by Pavel A Sunday, August 26, 2012 3:57 PM
    Sunday, August 26, 2012 3:55 PM
  • i need very fast graphics . I need this to chart , curves . i need real - time graphics , when i compute , then i have this in graphic  . Sometimes i need to use to definite surfaces , definite processes with motion .

• Edited by rafal_bator Sunday, August 26, 2012 4:24 PM add
    Sunday, August 26, 2012 4:16 PM
  • May be the following link useful for you in-case you are searching for real-time graphics.

http://www.quinn-curtis.com/WINBMC200.pdf

Gopinath.S

• Edited by Gopinath.S Monday, August 27, 2012 2:15 PM
    Monday, August 27, 2012 2:13 PM
  • Make use of GPU hardware accelerated graphics by using the DirectX or OpenGL APIs.
    Monday, August 27, 2012 2:28 PM

I made in Open GL cube built from 50x50x50 of cubes and this cube rounded in space very slowly .

Which kind of graphics process i ought know in order to compare various graphics ?

• Edited by rafal_bator Monday, August 27, 2012 11:48 PM add
    Monday, August 27, 2012 9:07 PM

It's up to you to decide what is best for you.  Both are great.

Search for answers to this question separately.  If you're still confused, then start a separate thread for this issue.  It's an unrelated topic.  But, basically create a Win32 project and set your Configuration Type to "Dynamic Library (.dll)"

I'm sorry your application is performing slowly.  We'll have to go into detail on your issue to determine the cause.  But please start a new thread for a new issue.  I would expect that at least one aspect of this (the polygon setup) will perform up to 125,000 times worse than a single cube, so don't be surprised if it's slower.  But in general, make use of instancing to render multiple cubes.  Here's an undertaking very similar to yours.

Why not do your own tests and set your own criteria?  The internet is full of graphics benchmarks and graphics techniques. What specific information are you looking for?

There's everything from basic OpenGL tutorials to GPU Gems books.  There's just an overwhelming number of publications in the realm of graphics.  You could attend Siggraph or the game developers conference.  Or get a university degree!

I can't understand this sentence at all.  Can you please rephrase your question?

Wednesday, August 29, 2012 2:45 PM
  • What method slows down the graphic process or all processes ?

Which University is the best and why ?I think about computer knowledge ?
    • Edited by rafal_bator Wednesday, August 29, 2012 3:19 PM add
    Wednesday, August 29, 2012 3:17 PM
  • What method slows down the graphic process or all processes ?

This question is very unclear.  I don't understand what you're looking for.
    Which University is the best and why ?I think about computer knowledge ?
    So very very off topic for a Visual C++ forum.  MIT, Stanford, Carnegie Mellon, Caltech, University of Waterloo.
    Wednesday, August 29, 2012 4:14 PM

1.Can i separate GPU and CPU operations , when i use OpenGL in order to any graphics operation and  CPU operation together made product and did not influence oneself ?

• Edited by rafal_bator Wednesday, August 29, 2012 8:34 PM add
    Wednesday, August 29, 2012 7:35 PM

The CPU issues commands to a GPU via software and a driver.  There are certain operations that involve synchronization of CPU and GPU, or flushing of command queues, but for the most part, they operate asynchronously, and the GPU can carry out batches of instructions independently of the CPU.

No.  Polygon is many sides  (Think: 3 or more sides, in euclidian space).  With respect to computer graphics, a polygon is usually just composed of one or more adjacent triangles (triangles that share at least one edge).
    Thursday, August 30, 2012 1:23 PM