none
The publisher could not be verified. Are you sure you want to run this software?

Question

• I have a piece of software that downloads from my web site as a standalone vb.net application. It is a simple link on the web page that lets the user save or run the application. Where do I begin to not get the message "The publisher could not be verified. Are you sure you want to run this software?" I am not sure if this will happen differently in different browsers. I am using IE8. What technology do I use inside my application to make it a signed application, or this is even the right track?

Thank You.

Wednesday, April 27, 2011 7:33 PM

Answers

• You have to sign the assemblies with a Code Signing Certificate, to get one you have to buy it from a certificate authority.
    Wednesday, April 27, 2011 7:51 PM

All replies

• You have to sign the assemblies with a Code Signing Certificate, to get one you have to buy it from a certificate authority.
    Wednesday, April 27, 2011 7:51 PM
  • Hi Derek,

Welcome to the MSDN Forum.

The dailog is a security mechanism. If an excute file is which you want to excute, just run it, it is OK. If not, please don't run, it may be harmful.

I hope this will be helpful.

Best regards,

Mike Feng [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Get or Request Code Sample from Microsoft
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Friday, April 29, 2011 7:27 AM