none
Context menu customisation for the outlook word editor

Question

• I am writing an add-in to Outlook 2007 using VSTO 2005 SE for which I need to add a context menu item that appears in a new mail inspector window when I right click over the body of the email.

I was able to do the same back when winword.exe was run as the default editor in outlook 2003, but now it seems that the editor is run in-proc (I tried accessing the object model through the wordeditor object of the inpector but it looks like the object model and access to the corresponding commandbars object is blocked when the document is open as an email). 

The command bar needs to be added to the word-editor’s context menu and nowhere else in Outlook. Could anyone help me out on how this can be done or point me to some resource that’ll help me?

Thanks in advance,

Rishab

Tuesday, November 21, 2006 11:46 AM

Answers

• I've talked with the WordMail guys, and this isn't possible for Outlook 2007 currently.  As part of embedding WordMail into Outlook, this functionality was lost.
    Tuesday, January 02, 2007 10:40 PM

All replies

• Any help on this??
    Wednesday, November 22, 2006 11:55 AM
  • Rishab,

I don't believe what you are trying to do can be accomplished in Outlook 2007, but let me look into it a little more.

Monday, December 11, 2006 10:19 PM
  • It would be great if you could help me out on this. I've been blocked on this issue for some time now.

Thanks

Rishab

Tuesday, December 19, 2006 10:37 AM
  • I've talked with the WordMail guys, and this isn't possible for Outlook 2007 currently.  As part of embedding WordMail into Outlook, this functionality was lost.
    Tuesday, January 02, 2007 10:40 PM
  • Thanks anyways Ryan
    Friday, January 05, 2007 11:14 AM
  • You write that it's not possible "currently" - Is it likely that this will be possible in the near future?

I was planning to write an add-in based purely on adding some options to the right-click menu when composing a mail - is it safe to drop this project?

Thursday, February 08, 2007 1:59 AM
  • I would say it's safe to drop that project. There's no telling when that functionality might be added, if ever.
    Thursday, February 08, 2007 4:23 AM
  • I am also blocked by this issue. Can this issue get addressed in Office 2007 SP1?

Wednesday, November 07, 2007 12:05 PM