none
VS2012 Remote Debugger Installation on Web Server

General discussion

• I'm trying to install remote debugging on my Web server to debug an errant app, but not having any luck trying to start the install.

I downloaded and installed  the Remote Debugging Tools for VS2012 (x64) and installed. At the end of the install I get an error: 

The Windows Web Services installer failed to execute. The installer exited with error 'Data of this type is not supported'

Ok... now what?

+++ Rick ---

Wednesday, August 29, 2012 9:08 PM

All replies

• Hi Rick,

Thanks for your post. However, in order to help you with your issue, I need the complete installation logs. You can follow the following steps to prepare the logs:

1). Download the VS2012 Remote Tools from Microsoft official site here: http://www.microsoft.com/visualstudio/11/en-us/downloads#remote-tools
    2). Turn off anti-virus and antispyware.
    3). Clean %temp% folder (Start Menu->Run->type %temp%->OK).
    4). Run the remote tool installer with administrator privilege.
    5). Run the collect.exe tool to collect the installation logs in the %temp% folder.
    6). Upload the vslogs.cab file in the %temp% folder to the SkyDrive site and then send back the URL.

Thanks.

Vicky Song [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us

Thursday, August 30, 2012 3:41 AM
  • Hi Rick,

What about your issue now? Have you resolved it? If not, please provide me the vslogs.cab file which maybe useful to deal with your issue.

Thanks.

Vicky Song [MSFT]

Wednesday, September 05, 2012 5:03 AM
  • We are changing the issue type to “Comment” because you have not followed up with the necessary information. If you have more time to look at the issue and provide more information, please feel free to change the issue type back to “Question” by editing your initial post and changing the radio button at the top of the post editor window. If the issue is resolved, we will appreciate it if you can share the solution so that the answer can be found and used by other community members having similar questions.

Thanks.

Vicky Song [MSFT]

Monday, September 10, 2012 7:27 AM
  • Hi, I'm getting this error also but there is nothing in the %temp% to send over.
    Friday, September 14, 2012 9:57 PM