none
One or more errors encountered while loading the designer

Question

• A project that I've been working on after adding a button and a second form will no longer display in design view.  I get the following error in the would be design view window.

One or more errors encountered while loading the designer. The errors are listed below. Some errors can be fixed by rebuilding your project, while others may require code changes.

The method or operation is not implemented.

Hide    

at System.Runtime.InteropServices.Marshal.ThrowExceptionForHRInternal(Int32 errorCode, IntPtr errorInfo)
    at System.Runtime.InteropServices.Marshal.ThrowExceptionForHR(Int32 errorCode)
    at Microsoft.VisualStudio.NativeMethods.ThrowOnFailure(Int32 hr, Int32[] expectedHRFailure)
    at Microsoft.VisualStudio.Shell.Design.Serialization.CodeDom.CodeDomDocDataAdapter.get_Provider()
    at Microsoft.VisualStudio.Shell.Design.Serialization.CodeDom.CodeDomDocDataAdapter.get_CompileUnit()
    at Microsoft.VisualStudio.Design.Serialization.CodeDom.VSCodeDomDesignerLoader.PerformLoad(IDesignerSerializationManager serializationManager)
    at System.ComponentModel.Design.Serialization.BasicDesignerLoader.BeginLoad(IDesignerLoaderHost host)
    Also, if I look in the code window at my errors generated at build time, I have only warnings, but the first warning says
    Warning    1    The method or operation is not implemented.        0    0   

The 0 0 is line then column. 
    Any suggestion will be appreciated.

Thursday, March 09, 2006 9:56 PM

Answers

• I never figured out the problem, but if I simply close the design view window, then from the code window go to view, designer it seems to open with no problems.
    Wednesday, March 15, 2006 8:06 PM

All replies

• I should also mention, if I run the app, it works fine.  Only the designer is giving me problems.
    Thursday, March 09, 2006 9:59 PM
  • I never figured out the problem, but if I simply close the design view window, then from the code window go to view, designer it seems to open with no problems.
    Wednesday, March 15, 2006 8:06 PM
  • However it still doesn't work for me.

What is strange is that it was opened before without any problem.
    Moreover, the project which was made before has no problem with this issue.
    When I try making a new Windows Forms projects, it has this error.

Tuesday, March 28, 2006 9:29 PM
  • The *.ncb file ist readonly or not editable. The designer needs intellisense information to work. (Microsoft's magic)
    Friday, July 28, 2006 8:39 AM
  • I solved this problem.

By restoring the fceap.dll, it doesn't show this problem anymore.

Friday, December 01, 2006 5:12 PM