none
WorkflowServiceHost Client Problem

General discussion

• Hello,

I followed the http://www.codeproject.com/Articles/103592/WF-4-Persistence-Tracking-and-Bookmarks-A-Practica article related to persistence and created a similar application with the difference that the service and the client are in the same application.

Everything works fine, I tested the service using the WCF Test Client and my Operation1() works from there. It also works if I test test the service from a separate client application, but not togheter.

At the Guid workflowId = (Guid)proxy.Operation1(); I get a:

The request channel timed out while waiting for a reply after 00:00:59.9072230. Increase the timeout value passed to the call to Request or increase the SendTimeout value on the Binding. The time allotted to this operation may have been a portion of a longer timeout.

I think it should finish in under a minute because when using the other methods it takes a few seconds to return.

You can find all the code at the specified like above.

Thanks!

Thursday, April 19, 2012 11:33 AM

All replies

• Hi,

What's the difference you made to have the service and the client in the same application?

Leo Tang [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Get or Request Code Sample from Microsoft
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Friday, April 20, 2012 6:18 AM
  • Hi,

No difference at all, first I create the service in the constructor of the MainPage class, and after that in the event handler of a button, I create the client and connect to the endpoint of the service.

Everything works fine until I try to call Operation1() and get the timeout after 1 minute. The code is exactly the same as in the tutorial.

Friday, April 20, 2012 7:07 AM
  • Hi,

Could you please share your code with us or send it to me at: liangliang(dot)tang(at)hotmail(dot)com ?

It will be convenient for us to reproduce this issue. Thanks.

Leo Tang [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Get or Request Code Sample from Microsoft
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Tuesday, April 24, 2012 8:48 AM