none
Can't re-install Net Framework 4 Client - Same or higher version of .Net Framework Client Profile has already been installed on this computer

Question

• I had been having trouble installing patches to .Net, so decided to unistall all .Net (Version 3.5 SP1 and Version 4.0).  Uninstall said it worked, but when I tried to install .Net Framework 4 Client, i get the following message:

Same or higher version of .Net Framework 4 Client Profile has already been installed on this computer

Only choice I'm given is to exit install.  If I look at installed programs, .Net is not listed anywhere (even using msiinv.exe).  And I noticed that in my Windows folder, there is still a Microsoft.NET folder, with much data.  Any help on how I can install again?

Thanks

Friday, November 11, 2011 8:18 PM

Answers

• Hi Mannon,

Welcome to the MSDN forum.

Have you tried MVP’s suggestion?

I also recommend you use MsiInv tool to check if .NET Framework Extended or .NET Framework Multi-Language Pack is installed. If it is, please use MsiInv to uninstall them all.

I also recommend you try to uninstall or repair .NET Framework 4 via command line: http://blogs.msdn.com/b/astebner/archive/2009/04/16/9553804.aspx

If you have any other concerns, please feel free to let me know.

Best Regards,

Alexander Sun [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us

Monday, November 14, 2011 2:00 PM

All replies