none
Multiple Windows Pop Up When Debugging

Question

• When I debug in Visual C++ 2005 I get about 20 windows that pop up behind my accual application. I tried looking through the settings but could find nothing of use that could solve the problem.

Things like:

Threads
    Processes
    Memory 1-4
    Watch 1-4
    Modules
    Locals
    Autos

This does not seem to effect my debugging or my program, but it does not seem normal. Please if some one could help me with this issue.

System Specs:

Windows Vista Home Premium
    1.5 GB RAM
    1.8 GHz CPU
    160 GB Harddrive
    Saturday, April 26, 2008 6:26 PM

Answers

• Just close the windows you don't want by clicking the close button (a square with an X in it), in the upper right corner of the window. The window will be gone in that debugging session and won't reappear in your next debugging session.

I think there is a debugger configuration file somewhere so that VS can "remember" the windows you had open the last time you debugged a particular program.

Sunday, April 27, 2008 6:06 AM

All replies

• Just close the windows you don't want by clicking the close button (a square with an X in it), in the upper right corner of the window. The window will be gone in that debugging session and won't reappear in your next debugging session.

I think there is a debugger configuration file somewhere so that VS can "remember" the windows you had open the last time you debugged a particular program.

Sunday, April 27, 2008 6:06 AM
  • Thank you so much! That solved the problem! Big Smile
    Sunday, April 27, 2008 5:33 PM