none
What is the Difference between Procedure Oriented and Object Oriented.

Question

• Be honest,I don't understand exactly the difference between procedure oriented and object oriented.

I want to get more understanding!

Wednesday, August 11, 2010 9:23 AM

Answers

• The good old discussion, in which many people have diffent opinions... :)

Some people bind the answer of the question to the programming language:

object oriented: C++ / C# / Java / modern ..... There is a keyword "class", which defines the type of an object. You can create objects. There is virtual inheritance between objects/classes.

procedure oriented: C / Pascal / old .... There isn't a keyword "class". hence you cannot create object and you don't have virtual inheritance.

In my opinion, "object oriented" or "procedure oriented" is not bound to the language you use. It's more the "How you program". That means, even in a non-object-oriented language, you are able to create objects and create some virtual inheritance. But that could be difficult, because it is not supported. On the other hand, you are able to program procedure oriented in an object oriented language, if you are creating one big BLOB-class, which calls alway its own methods.

Wednesday, August 11, 2010 10:00 AM

All replies

• The good old discussion, in which many people have diffent opinions... :)

Some people bind the answer of the question to the programming language:

object oriented: C++ / C# / Java / modern ..... There is a keyword "class", which defines the type of an object. You can create objects. There is virtual inheritance between objects/classes.

procedure oriented: C / Pascal / old .... There isn't a keyword "class". hence you cannot create object and you don't have virtual inheritance.

In my opinion, "object oriented" or "procedure oriented" is not bound to the language you use. It's more the "How you program". That means, even in a non-object-oriented language, you are able to create objects and create some virtual inheritance. But that could be difficult, because it is not supported. On the other hand, you are able to program procedure oriented in an object oriented language, if you are creating one big BLOB-class, which calls alway its own methods.

Wednesday, August 11, 2010 10:00 AM
  • GreatVolk wrote:

In my opinion, "object oriented" or "procedure oriented" is not bound  to the language you use. It's more the "How you program".
    That means, even in a non-object-oriented language, you are able to  create objects and create some virtual inheritance. But that
    could be difficult, because it is not supported. On the other hand,  you are able to program procedure oriented in an object
    oriented language, if you are creating one big BLOB-class, which calls  alway its own methods.  

As the saying goes: one can write Fortran in any language.

Igor Tandetnik

Wednesday, August 11, 2010 1:00 PM