none
TFS 2010 Project creation failed after templates modified error: TF255357

Question

• Hi Guys,

Just modified a few templates and uploaded them into the server (which worked successfully). Now I get the following error when I try to create a project:

Error
    TF30170: The plugin Microsoft.ProjectCreationWizard.Portal failed during task SharePointPortal from group Portal.
    Explanation
    Plugin error text: “TF255357: The following query was not found: Product Planning. Download the process template, open it, and verify that the query exists.”

User Action
    Contact your Team Foundation Server administrator.

Looking at the logs there's a bit more info:

2010-05-07T16:23:15 | Module: WSS | Thread: 16 | Creating folder : Test in library: Samples and Templates
    2010-05-07T16:23:15 | Module: WSS | Thread: 16 | Creating folder : Vision and Planning in library: Samples and Templates
    2010-05-07T16:23:15 | Module: WSS | Thread: 16 | Creating folder : Supporting Files in library: Process Guidance
    2010-05-07T16:23:15 | Module: WSS | Thread: 16 | Setting the Work Item Tracking Query for file : Product Planning.xlsm
    ---begin Exception entry---
    Time: 2010-05-07T16:23:15
    Module: Engine
    Event Description: TF30162: Task "SharePointPortal" from Group "Portal" failed
    Exception Type: Microsoft.TeamFoundation.Client.PcwException
    Exception Message: TF255357: The following query was not found: Product Planning. Download the process template, open it, and verify that the query exists.
    Stack Trace:
       at Microsoft.VisualStudio.TeamFoundation.WssSiteCreator.SetWorkItemQuery(WssCreationContextWrapper contextWrapper, String filePath, String serverInstanceId, String queryName)
       at Microsoft.VisualStudio.TeamFoundation.WssSiteCreator.UploadFile(WssCreationContextWrapper contextWrapper, String sourceFile, String siteUrl, String target, DocumentLibraryInfo docLibInfo, String currituckQuery)
       at Microsoft.VisualStudio.TeamFoundation.WssSiteCreator.HandleFileCreation(WssCreationContextWrapper contextWrapper, XmlNode taskNode)
       at Microsoft.VisualStudio.TeamFoundation.WssSiteCreator.Execute(ProjectCreationContext context, XmlNode taskXml)
       at Microsoft.VisualStudio.TeamFoundation.ProjectCreationEngine.TaskExecutor.PerformTask(IProjectComponentCreator componentCreator, ProjectCreationContext context, XmlNode taskXml)
       at Microsoft.VisualStudio.TeamFoundation.ProjectCreationEngine.RunTask(Object taskObj)
    --- end Exception entry ---

although it's not particularly useful.

I've re-downloaded the template and the .xlsm files doesn't exist although there's a .wiq with that name. Basically I'm stumped and don't know what to do next, any suggestions?

Friday, May 07, 2010 3:56 PM

Answers

• Aha!

Don't know why I didn't check this before but I had re-organised some of the queries in workitems.xml to appear in folders rather than off the "Team Queries" root. Moving them back has fixed the problem. I guess the SharePoint setup is expecting them in a specific place.

So, new question: Is there any way to change that?

Friday, May 07, 2010 4:11 PM
  • Hi,

In MSF for Agile Software Development v5.0\Windows SharePoint Services\WssTasks.XML, you can find some <file> element has a attribute queryId, edit the attribute vaule to the new structure..

Best regards,
    Ruiz
    MSDN Subscriber Support in Forum
    If you have any feedback on our support, please contact msdnmg @ microsoft.com
    Monday, May 24, 2010 9:37 AM

All replies

• Aha!

Don't know why I didn't check this before but I had re-organised some of the queries in workitems.xml to appear in folders rather than off the "Team Queries" root. Moving them back has fixed the problem. I guess the SharePoint setup is expecting them in a specific place.

So, new question: Is there any way to change that?

Friday, May 07, 2010 4:11 PM
  • Hi,

In MSF for Agile Software Development v5.0\Windows SharePoint Services\WssTasks.XML, you can find some <file> element has a attribute queryId, edit the attribute vaule to the new structure..

Best regards,
    Ruiz
    MSDN Subscriber Support in Forum
    If you have any feedback on our support, please contact msdnmg @ microsoft.com
    Monday, May 24, 2010 9:37 AM