none
Cube process error: There are currently no logon servers available to service the logon request.

Question

• Cube process error:

The following system error occurred:  There are currently no logon servers available to service the logon request.

Errors in the high-level relational engine. A connection could not be made to the data source with the DataSourceID of 'Tfs_AnalysisDataSource', Name of 'Tfs_AnalysisDataSource'. 

==

but when I use SQL 2008 r2 mgmt studio. i can see this data source: 'Tfs_AnalysisDataSource'  and I also run "Test Connection" of connection string (for RDB) everything is fine.

so what is this problem? any help?

铅笔小新
    Thursday, October 20, 2011 7:43 AM

Answers

• I reinstall everything. now it works well. but i indeed change DB connection Isolation level to "readcommited" and DB provider to SQL server Native Client 10. these should be default value.
    铅笔小新
    Friday, October 21, 2011 7:20 AM

All replies

• I reinstall sql server 2008 r2 and tfs 2010 with sp1.

but I still get the error:

OLE DB error: OLE DB or ODBC error: Cannot create new connection because in manual or distributed transaction mode.

铅笔小新
    Friday, October 21, 2011 5:31 AM
  • Hello Partner,

Thanks for your post.

Could you please offer me the error logs you got so that I can try to find out what happening? In addition, the error message you get always occurs because that you do not have configured correct credential to access the database. The following blog describes the same error:

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/jason_howell/archive/2010/08/30/vstfs-error-when-running-the-analysis-services-processing-job-there-are-currently-no-logon-servers-available.aspx

Thanks,

Vicky Song [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Get or Request Code Sample from Microsoft
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Friday, October 21, 2011 5:51 AM
  • I just open event viewer. I can see the log as below:

===

TF53010: The following error has occurred in a Team Foundation component or extension:
    Date (UTC): 10/21/2011 5:28:45 AM
    Machine: WIN2008R2
    Application Domain: TfsJobAgent.exe
    Assembly: Microsoft.TeamFoundation.Framework.Server, Version=10.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a; v2.0.50727
    Service Host:
    Process Details:
      Process Name: TFSJobAgent
      Process Id: 2972
      Thread Id: 3920
      Account name: NT AUTHORITY\LOCAL SERVICE

Detailed Message: TF221122: An error occurred running job Incremental Analysis Database Sync for team project collection or Team Foundation server TEAM FOUNDATION.
    Exception Message: Failed to Process Analysis Database 'Tfs_Analysis'. (type WarehouseException)

Exception Stack Trace:    at Microsoft.TeamFoundation.Warehouse.TFSOlapProcessComponent.ProcessOlap(AnalysisDatabaseProcessingType processingType, WarehouseChanges warehouseChanges, Boolean lastProcessingFailed, Boolean cubeSchemaUpdateNeeded)
       at Microsoft.TeamFoundation.Warehouse.AnalysisDatabaseSyncJobExtension.RunInternal(TeamFoundationRequestContext requestContext, TeamFoundationJobDefinition jobDefinition, DateTime queueTime, String& resultMessage)
       at Microsoft.TeamFoundation.Warehouse.WarehouseJobExtension.Run(TeamFoundationRequestContext requestContext, TeamFoundationJobDefinition jobDefinition, DateTime queueTime, String& resultMessage)

Inner Exception Details:

Exception Message: Internal error: The operation terminated unsuccessfully.
    OLE DB error: OLE DB or ODBC error: Cannot create new connection because in manual or distributed transaction mode..
    Errors in the OLAP storage engine: An error occurred while the dimension, with the ID of 'Dim Team Project', Name of 'Team Project' was being processed.
    Errors in the OLAP storage engine: An error occurred while the 'Project Path' attribute of the 'Team Project' dimension from the 'Tfs_Analysis' database was being processed.
    Server: The operation has been cancelled.

Warning: Parser: Out of line object 'Binding', referring to ID(s) 'Tfs_Analysis, Team System, FactCurrentWorkItem', has been specified but has not been used.
    Warning: Parser: Out of line object 'Binding', referring to ID(s) 'Tfs_Analysis, Team System, FactWorkItemHistory', has been specified but has not been used.
    Warning: Parser: Out of line object 'Binding', referring to ID(s) 'Tfs_Analysis, Team System, v Fact WorkItem To Tree', has been specified but has not been used.
    Warning: Parser: Out of line object 'Binding', referring to ID(s) 'Tfs_Analysis, Team System, v Fact Linked Current WorkItem', has been specified but has not been used.
    Warning: Parser: Out of line object 'Binding', referring to ID(s) 'Tfs_Analysis, Team System, Fact WorkItem To Category', has been specified but has not been used.
    Warning: Parser: Out of line object 'Binding', referring to ID(s) 'Tfs_Analysis, Team System, v Fact WorkItem Changeset', has been specified but has not been used.
    Warning: Parser: Out of line object 'Binding', referring to ID(s) 'Tfs_Analysis, Team System, Fact Build Project', has been specified but has not been used.
    Warning: Parser: Out of line object 'Binding', referring to ID(s) 'Tfs_Analysis, Team System, Fact Build Details', has been specified but has not been used.
    Warning: Parser: Out of line object 'Binding', referring to ID(s) 'Tfs_Analysis, Team System, Fact Code Churn', has been specified but has not been used.
    Warning: Parser: Out of line object 'Binding', referring to ID(s) 'Tfs_Analysis, Team System, v Fact Test Result Overlay', has been specified but has not been used.
    Warning: Parser: Out of line object 'Binding', referring to ID(s) 'Tfs_Analysis, Team System, Fact Build Changeset', has been specified but has not been used.
    Warning: Parser: Out of line object 'Binding', referring to ID(s) 'Tfs_Analysis, Team System, Fact Build Coverage', has been specified but has not been used.
    Warning: Parser: Out of line object 'Binding', referring to ID(s) 'Tfs_Analysis, Team System, v Fact WorkItem Test Result', has been specified but has not been used.
    Warning: Parser: Out of line object 'Binding', referring to ID(s) 'Tfs_Analysis, Team System, v Fact Linked Current Work Item Test Case', has been specified but has not been used.
    Warning: Parser: Out of line object 'Binding', referring to ID(s) 'Tfs_Analysis, Team System, Fact Run Coverage', has been specified but has not been used. (type WarehouseException)

Exception Stack Trace:    at Microsoft.TeamFoundation.Warehouse.TFSOlapProcessComponent.ExecuteXmla(String finalXmla)
       at Microsoft.TeamFoundation.Warehouse.TFSOlapProcessComponent.ProcessOlap(AnalysisDatabaseProcessingType processingType, WarehouseChanges warehouseChanges, Boolean lastProcessingFailed, Boolean cubeSchemaUpdateNeeded)

铅笔小新
    Friday, October 21, 2011 5:57 AM
  • I reinstall everything. now it works well. but i indeed change DB connection Isolation level to "readcommited" and DB provider to SQL server Native Client 10. these should be default value.
    铅笔小新
    Friday, October 21, 2011 7:20 AM