none
Preserve timestamp on files when getting from TFS

Question

• When you do a "Get Latest Version" or a "Get Specific Version", is there any way to have it preserve the modified timestamp on the local file to match the file in source control instead of having it set to the current date and time?  I would have expected that to be the default behavior, but it doesn't seem to be.  I also can't seem to find a setting to change that.

Thanks,
    -Daniel

Wednesday, September 20, 2006 12:07 AM

Answers

• Daniel,

Unfortunately, there is no setting to change that and in v1 setting current date is only supported behavior. It came out already couple of times on the forums, so I believe MS is aware of the fact that such feature would be desirable.

Regards, Eugene

Wednesday, September 20, 2006 1:00 AM

All replies

• Daniel,

Unfortunately, there is no setting to change that and in v1 setting current date is only supported behavior. It came out already couple of times on the forums, so I believe MS is aware of the fact that such feature would be desirable.

Regards, Eugene

Wednesday, September 20, 2006 1:00 AM
  • Thanks for the post - This too is something that my team was expecting would be the default action.  We have a tool that uses the file date to determine whether it should be deployed to the production server(s) or not.  Without the date preserved, everything looks new and therefore will get updated.  This greatly increases the amount of time it takes for the deployment to complete.

David.

Monday, November 06, 2006 8:36 PM
  • this "feature" has caused us a great amount of pain today because we had to move our Team Build that uses incremental build to a different box. As far as timezones are concerned, i would expect it to act just as if I were copying the files between two boxes in different time zones.  the scenario would be that if my build outputs were stored on server A in zone A, and i had to move those outputs to the Binaries folder on server B in zone B, then I would want the source files to be stamped based on the same algorithm so that the incremental build still worked as expected.
    Monday, April 16, 2007 2:56 PM