none
Retrieve Cached Data Objects From Workbook

Question

• Hi All,

Is there any way to access the cached data in the currently open workbook that may have been created by another template?  Is there a workbook.GetCachedData(name) that returns the XML that I can de-serialize or something? 

I see nothing.  I see references to serverdocuments to do it, but I want to do it on an already opened workbook.

Help!
    Thanks
    Rael

Tuesday, June 26, 2007 3:59 PM

Answers

• Cached data is not exposed by the Workbook class.  You can use the ServerDocument class to retrieve the cached data from an arbitrary workbook.  However, please note that the cache is not updated in real-time, but only when the document is saved.  Therefore, the cache may not reflect the current state of any objects in the open workbook.

-Phil

Tuesday, June 26, 2007 6:10 PM

All replies

• Cached data is not exposed by the Workbook class.  You can use the ServerDocument class to retrieve the cached data from an arbitrary workbook.  However, please note that the cache is not updated in real-time, but only when the document is saved.  Therefore, the cache may not reflect the current state of any objects in the open workbook.

-Phil

Tuesday, June 26, 2007 6:10 PM
  • Thanks for the reply; that's what I feared.
    Tuesday, June 26, 2007 9:47 PM