none
Visual Studios 2010 setup and deployment template missing (licensed version)

Question

• I have VS 2010 purchased and installed - I can not find the Setup and Deployment template (not in new project menu). Since my version was purcahsed, where can I download and install this feature?
    Friday, November 11, 2011 4:13 AM

Answers

• Hi K145a,

Welcome to the MSDN forum.

First, I recommend you try MVP’s suggestions.

Second, I recommend you remove all the extensions: Open Visual Studio IDE>>Tools>>Extension Manager…

Third, I recommend you click Start>>All Programs>>Microsoft Visual Studio 2010>>Visual Studio Tools>>Visual Studio Command Prompt (2010)>>Type “devenv.exe /installvstemplates”.

If all the suggestions above fail on your side, I recommend you repair Visual Studio 2010 in Control Panel to see whether this problem can be resolved.

If you have any other concerns, please feel free to let me know.

Best Regards,

Alexander Sun [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    • Marked as answer by Alexander Sun Friday, November 18, 2011 3:19 AM
    Monday, November 14, 2011 9:21 AM

All replies

• Did you look under Other Project Types by clicking the triangle to the left to expand that node?

Under Other Project Types, you should find the Setup and Deployment node. Expand that node and you should see the available setup and deployment templates. In my VS 201 Ultimate, I find templates for InstallShield LE and Visual Studio Installer.

If you still do not find the template, I recommend that you ask in the forum dedicated to Visual Studio Setup issues, here:

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/vssetup/threads

Friday, November 11, 2011 2:05 PM
  • Hi K145a,

Welcome to the MSDN forum.

First, I recommend you try MVP’s suggestions.

Second, I recommend you remove all the extensions: Open Visual Studio IDE>>Tools>>Extension Manager…

Third, I recommend you click Start>>All Programs>>Microsoft Visual Studio 2010>>Visual Studio Tools>>Visual Studio Command Prompt (2010)>>Type “devenv.exe /installvstemplates”.

If all the suggestions above fail on your side, I recommend you repair Visual Studio 2010 in Control Panel to see whether this problem can be resolved.

If you have any other concerns, please feel free to let me know.

Best Regards,

Alexander Sun [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    • Marked as answer by Alexander Sun Friday, November 18, 2011 3:19 AM
    Monday, November 14, 2011 9:21 AM
  • Hello

I have just run into the same problem and have tried your solutions

Repairing installation did not help

However when I try to use deveng.exe it cannot be found - I have searched my C drive in vain

Where do I go from here?

(i>

Saturday, January 28, 2012 10:06 AM
  • To the forum for Visual Studio Setup and Installation help, here:

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/vssetup/threads

BTW, the file you are looking for is devenv.exe, not deveng.exe.

Saturday, January 28, 2012 2:55 PM
  • This worked for me.  Thanks.

Friday, October 11, 2013 12:47 PM