none
Tapi driver windows 7

Question

• Hi,

I have two problems:

First, I have written a tapi driver which wont work on Windows 7 (works fine for XP). It seems to load fine, but soon as I try to use it (say from Outlook) I get a message saying an internal error occured.

So onto the second problem: I used to use one of __asm int 3; _debugbreak(); or DebugBreak(); so I could hook the debugger straight into the driver but none of these work anymore: I just get a dump created which if I load up, the exception is that a debug break occurred (sort of what I wanted....)

Does anyone have any ideas on the first, or any way I can hook in the debugger?

Thanks!
    Thursday, July 08, 2010 3:54 PM

Answers

• Hi

something about windows7 support TAPI2, this link will help you

http://www.eggheadcafe.com/software/aspnet/35879324/does-windows-7-support--t.aspx

NEU_ShieldEdge
    • Marked as answer by Nancy Shao Thursday, July 15, 2010 8:34 AM
    Tuesday, July 13, 2010 2:38 AM

All replies

• Hi,

thanks for the link, but that part is fine. Service is running, I do see my driver listed and can select it but as soon as I try to use it is when the error occurs (so at least some parts must be working, namely at least TSPI_providerUIIdentify,TSPI_providerEnumDevices, TSPI_lineNegotiateTSPIVersion, TSPI_lineGetDevCaps...).

Yes, it's 32 bit TAPI 2 - perhaps windows 7 doesn't support 2, anyone know?

Meanwhile, I've stripped the driver right down so that, basically, it doesn't do anything except minimum that tapi requires to think everything is ok  - just to eliminate any security possibilities - but no joy.

It seems that some functions are just not getting called

Friday, July 09, 2010 7:30 AM
  • Hi

something about windows7 support TAPI2, this link will help you

http://www.eggheadcafe.com/software/aspnet/35879324/does-windows-7-support--t.aspx

NEU_ShieldEdge
    • Marked as answer by Nancy Shao Thursday, July 15, 2010 8:34 AM
    Tuesday, July 13, 2010 2:38 AM