none
TFS 2010 - SP1 Upgrade issue

Question

• Hi,

We upgraded to TFS 2010 SP1 over the weekend but now have an issue with one of the TPC.

It's attached ok but when users connect it's only showing changes up to Jan 31st this year.Feb 1st this year we had an issue with the DB associated with this TPC in that the DB was moved to a new windows drive letter on the SQL Server.

This was resolved though but since the upgrade we are unable to see any updates in this TPC since Jan 31st

It's as if the TPC is pointing to the wrong DB but I have no idea how I can tell within TFS which DB it's pointing to ?

Any ideas ?

Monday, June 25, 2012 9:37 AM

Answers

All replies

• We have just upgraded TFS 2010 to SP1 but now have an issue with one of our TPCs.

Basically, before SP1 was implemented, the said TPC was pointing to the correct DB

However, since the SP1 upgrade completed, the said TPC is now pointing to a different DB.

I've tried stopping the said TPC and then changing the DB within Edit Settings under the General Tab within TPC in Admin Console but get the following error..

The host "Winnersh_new" cannot be started. The snapshot operation may have failed and needs to be restarted and completed before the host can be started.

Any ideas what this means ?

Monday, June 25, 2012 1:42 PM
  • Hi Smiffy,

Thank you for your post.

Based on this case is talking about the same issue with this one, I merge them together, it will be very beneficial for other community members having the similar questions.

Thank you for your understanding and support.

Best Regards,

Lily Wu [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us

Tuesday, June 26, 2012 6:54 AM
  • From a support perspective this is really beyond what we can do here in the forums. this is going to require some 1:1 support.

If you cannot determine your answer here or on your own, please consider opening a support case with us. Visit this link to see the various support options that are available to better meet your needs:  http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?id=fh;en-us;offerprophone.

Trevor Hancock (Microsoft)
    Please remember to "Mark As Answer" the replies that help.

Wednesday, June 27, 2012 4:27 PM