none
dotnetfx3.exe download problem

General discussion

• So, i have a copy of fallout 3 for pc, every time i try to install, it does not get past the windows live install, it stops at dotnetfx3.exe and does not continue, how can i fix this?
    • Changed type YiChun Chen Monday, April 20, 2009 2:58 AM Do not follow up
    Sunday, April 12, 2009 8:03 PM

All replies

• Hi Enemy.project,

More clarification with you. What is your OS?

The .NET Framework 3.0 redistributable package is available as a stand-alone executable file. The name of the file depends on the type of targeted platform. For 32-bit platforms, the file is named Dotnetfx3.exe.

Could you please try downloading and installing .NET Framework 3.0 separately?

If you have any issue during the installation, please use collect tool to collect the log files of .NET Framework 3.0 from your "%temp%" folder?
    http://blogs.msdn.com/heaths/archive/2008/05/09/visual-studio-and-net-log-collection-utility.aspx

Then compress them into a zip file and post a link back. You can upload your log files to SkyDrive and post the link back here.

Steps:
    - Try to clean your "%temp%" folder
    - Install .NET Framework 3.0
    - Collect the logs from "%temp%" folder

Thanks

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    Tuesday, April 14, 2009 8:15 AM
  • Hi Enemy.project,

We are changing the issue type to “Comment” because you have not followed up with the necessary information. If you have more time to look at the issue and provide more information, please feel free to change the issue type back to “Question” by editing your initial post and changing the radio button at the top of the post editor window. If the issue is resolved, we will appreciate it if you can share the solution so that the answer can be found and used by other community members having similar questions.

Thank you!
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    Welcome to the All-In-One Code Framework! If you have any feedback, please tell us.
    Monday, April 20, 2009 2:58 AM