none
How to make my VB.NET application as a software???

Question

• Hai,

How can i make my VB.NET application as a software???

i have downloaded a 22.4MB(?) .net framework and installed it in a system.-Then i loaded my vb.net application in it-the application can be opened but i can't able to run it. I think i need to do something to make my project as a software.

plz tell me how to do it.

Is there any other place in this forum which is more suitable for this post???

Thank You!

Wednesday, February 15, 2006 2:34 PM

Answers

• I'm a bit confused by how you opened the vb.net application in the .NET framework, but can't run it. The framework simply allows .NET programs to be run, it doesn't have anything to "open" them without running them.

A .NET program would consist of a file with a ".exe" extension, and zero or more files with ".dll" extensions. You double-click the exe file, and the program will run.

Adding to my confusion is that you also describe your VB.NET application as a project. This could mean a VB.NET project, in which case, it needs to be compiled. You can either use the vbc command line compiler that ships with the .NET Framework, or get Visual Studio which is a development tool for .NET.

Wednesday, February 15, 2006 5:26 PM

All replies

• I'm a bit confused by how you opened the vb.net application in the .NET framework, but can't run it. The framework simply allows .NET programs to be run, it doesn't have anything to "open" them without running them.

A .NET program would consist of a file with a ".exe" extension, and zero or more files with ".dll" extensions. You double-click the exe file, and the program will run.

Adding to my confusion is that you also describe your VB.NET application as a project. This could mean a VB.NET project, in which case, it needs to be compiled. You can either use the vbc command line compiler that ships with the .NET Framework, or get Visual Studio which is a development tool for .NET.

Wednesday, February 15, 2006 5:26 PM
  • Hai Sean!

Thanks for ur reply. I am developing a project in vb.net. But i haven't completed it yet.

i am using "visual studio .Net" but i am very new and i don't know how to create the .exe file. Can you explain me -more about it(vbc , make exe,etc.,)

Thank You very much

You are very nice!

Thursday, February 16, 2006 6:28 AM
  • Okay, if you're using Visual Studio.NET, then you don't have to worry about vbc and make. Visual Studio will perform the build for you. If you select the Build menu in Visual Studio, and "Build Solution", it will generate the program for you.

The executables will reside in a directory below the project folder (get there via Windows Explorer). The sub directory name is Debug/bin for debug builds and Release/bin for release builds. Your exe and it's required dlls should be there.

Friday, February 17, 2006 9:30 AM