none
Converting MS ACCESS Application to VB.Net Windows Forms Application

Question

• Hi! Everybody. My boss gave me an MS Access application that was developed by our former colleague. He wants me to convert that application to VB.Net Windows form application. I went through the MS Access Application. It contains tables, queries, forms, reports and macros. I could not find the programming (Where is the code written in MS Access?). My boss wants the windows application to be same as the MS Access Application (both in design and logic). I don't how will i develop the windows form. How can I achieve this? Please help me guys... Thanks in advance...
    Javed Ahmed
    Wednesday, June 23, 2010 7:32 AM

Answers

•  Hello Javed,

do I understand you correctly that there is no separate program (e.g. written in VB6),
    but everything runs in MS Access? If so, the code is contained in the forms or in modules which can be selected
    in the database window. Should your MS Access application start automatically, just keep the SHIFT key pressed
    when opening that database. This will skip the AutoExec macro and let you get access to the
    database window.

Best regards,

Martin

• Marked as answer by Javed Ahmed Sunday, June 27, 2010 7:51 AM
    Wednesday, June 23, 2010 8:03 AM

All replies

•  Hello Javed,

do I understand you correctly that there is no separate program (e.g. written in VB6),
    but everything runs in MS Access? If so, the code is contained in the forms or in modules which can be selected
    in the database window. Should your MS Access application start automatically, just keep the SHIFT key pressed
    when opening that database. This will skip the AutoExec macro and let you get access to the
    database window.

Best regards,

Martin

• Marked as answer by Javed Ahmed Sunday, June 27, 2010 7:51 AM
    Wednesday, June 23, 2010 8:03 AM
  • It would probably help to know which version of Access you are using. If the Category window is not displayed when you open the Access database you can press the F11 key. This will display all the different categories such as Forms and Modules. The Forms will probably have code behind and the Modules will contain some of the other code.

Paul ~~~~ Microsoft MVP (Visual Basic)
    Wednesday, June 23, 2010 2:00 PM