none
TFS Maven Build partially succeeded

Question

• I’ve managed to get TFS to kick-off my Maven build. TFS builds the command line correctly, and the Maven build starts. Then I get the following errors:

C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\Microsoft\VisualStudio\v10.0\BuildExtensions\Microsoft.TeamFoundation.Build.Extensions.Maven2.targets (238): Value cannot be null. Parameter name: path    at System.Activities.WorkflowApplication.Invoke(Activity activity, IDictionary`2 inputs, WorkflowInstanceExtensionManager extensions, TimeSpan timeout)    at System.Activities.WorkflowInvoker.Invoke(Activity workflow, IDictionary`2 inputs, TimeSpan timeout, WorkflowInstanceExtensionManager extensions)    at Microsoft.TeamFoundation.Build.Extensions.Tasks.WorkflowTask.Execute()

C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\Microsoft\VisualStudio\v10.0\BuildExtensions\Microsoft.TeamFoundation.Build.Extensions.Maven2.targets (238): The "Maven" task failed unexpectedly. System.ArgumentNullException: Value cannot be null. Parameter name: path    at Microsoft.TeamFoundation.Build.Extensions.Tasks.WorkflowTask.Execute()    at Microsoft.Build.BackEnd.TaskExecutionHost.Microsoft.Build.BackEnd.ITaskExecutionHost.Execute()    at Microsoft.Build.BackEnd.TaskBuilder.ExecuteInstantiatedTask(ITaskExecutionHost taskExecutionHost, TaskLoggingContext taskLoggingContext, TaskHost taskHost, ItemBucket bucket, TaskExecutionMode howToExecuteTask, Boolean& taskResult)

Then TFS reports a Build partially succeeded. When I look at the pom.log file, I can see that the maven build stopped fairly early. To ensure that it wasn’t my Maven build, I ran the same command line that TFS created, and the project built just fine.

Has anyone experienced this before?

Thursday, September 08, 2011 3:28 PM

All replies

• " To ensure that it wasn’t my Maven build, I ran the same command line that TFS created, and the project built just fine."

Did you run in on the build machine or your local? Try on the build machine

The error is "Value cannot be null. Parameter name: path"

You may want to check which path was not initialized by TFS.

To get better support you better ask the question at

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/tee/threads

Ahmed is an independent consultant in Ottawa, Canada specialized in .NET, Biztalk, WCF, WPF, TFS and other Microsoft technologies.

Blog: http://lajak.wordpress.com

Twitter: ahmedalasaad

Sunday, September 11, 2011 8:38 PM