none
Visual Studio 2012 - vb.net- When selecting from a combo box then moving the form it is on away it leaves the list in the screen on display

Question

• Hi,

I am using  vs 2012 and using vb.net code.

I have a form that loads with a combo box that is already populated with a list. When the form first loads if i click on the combo box my list appears, then if i move the form it is on the list will stay visible in the screen till i click on the combo box again.

Any ideas why this happens? As this only happens on a few forms.

I have tried removing the combo box and adding a new one but it does exactly the same. 

As you can see in the image the combo box list still appears on the screen even though i have moved the form it is on

MSDN vs2012 forum

Tuesday, August 27, 2013 1:04 PM

All replies

• Hi

UsingVB Express 2010 here, but I can't reproduce that effect. If I click to drag parent form any open CB closes immediately.

Regards Les, Livingston, Scotland

Tuesday, August 27, 2013 1:09 PM
  • Does anything happen in your combo box's selected item event?  Perhaps some long running code?

Tuesday, August 27, 2013 9:54 PM
  • No I'm not using any combo box events. it is used as a selection option then on click of a run button it will pick up the value of the combo box. its strange as only happens on certain forms.

MSDN vs2012 forum

Wednesday, August 28, 2013 2:47 PM