none
Delete Browser History (Silently)

Question

• I'm Using The Following Codes To Delete Browser History But , Is there any way to make my Program Do that Silently Without Appearing messages give the Ability to Cancel it ?????

Here is the Code I Use : 

Temporary Internet Files

RunDll32.exe InetCpl.cpl,ClearMyTracksByProcess 8

Cookies

RunDll32.exe InetCpl.cpl,ClearMyTracksByProcess 2

History

RunDll32.exe InetCpl.cpl,ClearMyTracksByProcess 1

Form Data

RunDll32.exe InetCpl.cpl,ClearMyTracksByProcess 16

Passwords

RunDll32.exe InetCpl.cpl,ClearMyTracksByProcess 32

Delete All

RunDll32.exe InetCpl.cpl,ClearMyTracksByProcess 255

Delete All – “Also delete files and settings stored by add-ons”

RunDll32.exe InetCpl.cpl,ClearMyTracksByProcess 4351

Tuesday, September 25, 2012 9:17 PM

Answers

• Well Actually server is not my job I'm Just asking is there any way to make the deleting operation is Silent or even Lock Cancel Button in it ?? 

any Idea Please :)

The only Idea I can suggest aside from generating temporary URLS is to perhaps download the file to a temporary file using a webclient, then to delete the file after it has been played, or possibly to create a scheduled task to delete the file. Then the only history would be a link to a file that no longer exists.

If you want something you've never had, you need to do something you've never done.

Tuesday, September 25, 2012 10:00 PM

All replies

• Why are you wanting to do this ?

Tuesday, September 25, 2012 9:27 PM
  • Well Actually I built my own program which a Streaming player will Play Videos from my server and I built the program to delete history after streaming the video not to record the link of my server into history so u can download the videos . now the program works fine and delete history and it's Difficult to Cancel the Deleting Operation but I want even the deleting process become SILENT :) 

So If You Have any idea , Please help ^_^ 

Tuesday, September 25, 2012 9:33 PM
  • Well Actually I built my own program which a Streaming player will Play Videos from my server and I built the program to delete history after streaming the video not to record the link of my server into history so u can download the videos . now the program works fine and delete history and it's Difficult to Cancel the Deleting Operation but I want even the deleting process become SILENT :) 

So If You Have any idea , Please help ^_^ 

Why is it so important to delete this history? How are you streaming? Web browsers store history... Is your app a web browser, or is it a video player? I'm confused...If you're using a web browser then I'm pretty sure that something you are doing could be done better, in a way that doesn't involve a web browser.

If you want something you've never had, you need to do something you've never done.

Tuesday, September 25, 2012 9:42 PM
  • If U created a player based on : Windows Media Player 

for example your Link is : www.example.com

Now The Video Code we Will Say : mnxsza

So you will enter the code in Text1.text 

and press button play : 

Now The Link Will Be Like That : 

www.example.com/mnxsza.wmv 

After Streaming is started if you open the internet Explorer and go to History you will see in it :

Now You Know the Link You Can Download the Videos , I hope You Understand me :)

Tuesday, September 25, 2012 9:50 PM
  • If U created a player based on : Windows Media Player 

for example your Link is : www.example.com

Now The Video Code we Will Say : mnxsza

So you will enter the code in Text1.text 

and press button play : 

Now The Link Will Be Like That : 

After Streaming is started if you open the internet Explorer and go to History you will see in it :

Now You Know the Link You Can Download the Videos , I hope You Understand me :)

To me, this honestly sounds  like a server side issue. There are ways of making temporary URLS using a server side scripting language such as PHP.

Tuesday, September 25, 2012 9:55 PM
  • Well Actually server is not my job I'm Just asking is there any way to make the deleting operation is Silent or even Lock Cancel Button in it ?? 

Tuesday, September 25, 2012 9:58 PM

The only Idea I can suggest aside from generating temporary URLS is to perhaps download the file to a temporary file using a webclient, then to delete the file after it has been played, or possibly to create a scheduled task to delete the file. Then the only history would be a link to a file that no longer exists.

Tuesday, September 25, 2012 10:00 PM
  • Thanks 4 Your Help ^_^
    Tuesday, September 25, 2012 10:03 PM
  • Done
    Tuesday, September 25, 2012 10:57 PM
  • Actually, there is this, but using this method is not the most optimal because the user's browsing history will be cleared although the user has not opted to do so... But this does hide the window.

Option Strict On
    Imports System.Threading
    Public Class Form1
        WithEvents ClearInternetHistoryButton1 As New ClearInternetHistoryButton
        Private Sub Form1_Load(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles MyBase.Load
            Me.Controls.Add(ClearInternetHistoryButton1)
        End Sub
    End Class
    Public Class ClearInternetHistoryButton
        Inherits Button
        Private Declare Function ShowWindow Lib "user32.dll" (ByVal hwnd As Integer, ByVal command As Integer) As Integer
        Private Delegate Sub ToggleControlEnableState(ByVal Control As Control)
        Sub New()
            Me.Text = "Clear History"
            AddHandler Me.Click, AddressOf Me_Click
        End Sub
        Private Sub Me_Click(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs)
            Dim Thread As New Thread(Sub()
                                         ToggleEnable(Me)
                                         Dim Process As New Process
                                         Process.StartInfo.FileName = "RunDll32.exe"
                                         Process.StartInfo.Arguments = "InetCpl.cpl,ClearMyTracksByProcess 255"
                                         Process.Start()
                                         Do
                                             Dim hwnd As Integer = Process.MainWindowHandle.ToInt32
                                             ShowWindow(hwnd, 0)
                                         Loop Until Process.HasExited
                                         ToggleEnable(Me)
                                         MsgBox("Internet History Has Been Cleared.")
                                     End Sub)
            Thread.Start()
        End Sub
        Sub ToggleEnable(ByVal Control As Control)
            If Control.InvokeRequired Then
                Control.Invoke(New ToggleControlEnableState(AddressOf ToggleEnable), Control)
            Else
                If Control.Enabled = True Then
                    Control.Enabled = False
                Else
                    Control.Enabled = True
                End If
            End If
        End Sub
    End Class

Wednesday, September 26, 2012 3:57 AM