none
Where Is Crystal Report Engine?

Question

• Hi to Every One

I Have Completed A program Form 2 Weaks And I used Crystal reports To Desine My Reports

And When I Installed The Program In Another Computer And Run One Of The Reports An Error Message Has Appears

And This Message Type is " IoFileNotFoundExeption"

And I Knowed After That , That the program Need Some Files From Crystal Reports Directory

My Question Is : Where Is The Setup File For Crystal Report Components

And Thanx very Much

Thursday, September 07, 2006 12:20 AM

Answers

• If your publishing your application and you have an appropriate version of the product which includes Crystal Reports such as Visual Studio Team Suite - then there is a prequisite for the publishing which is labelled Crystal Reports for .NET Framework 2.0 which I would assume is what you require to be added when you publish your application.

Thursday, September 07, 2006 2:12 AM
  • When you say you install the application on the target computer, how do you install it? Are you creating a setup project to handle the deployment or are you just copying the assemblies? Crystal requires some additional libraries to be installed, so you may need to create a setup project and add the appropriate Crystal Merge Module (see http://support.businessobjects.com/downloads/merge_modules.asp).

Be aware, Crystal may be free to develop under but it is NOT free to deploy. Read the license agreements again to find out about the costs of deploying.

Jim Wooley
    http://devauthority.com/blogs/jwooley

Thursday, September 07, 2006 2:53 AM
  • while creating the installation package you have to include the fallowing merge madules in your package for crystal report.

Crystal_Database_Access2003.msm

Crystal_regwiz2003.msm

Crystal_Database_Access2003_enu.msm

Crystal_Managed2003.msm

Thursday, September 07, 2006 5:20 AM

All replies

• If your publishing your application and you have an appropriate version of the product which includes Crystal Reports such as Visual Studio Team Suite - then there is a prequisite for the publishing which is labelled Crystal Reports for .NET Framework 2.0 which I would assume is what you require to be added when you publish your application.

Thursday, September 07, 2006 2:12 AM
  • When you say you install the application on the target computer, how do you install it? Are you creating a setup project to handle the deployment or are you just copying the assemblies? Crystal requires some additional libraries to be installed, so you may need to create a setup project and add the appropriate Crystal Merge Module (see http://support.businessobjects.com/downloads/merge_modules.asp).

Be aware, Crystal may be free to develop under but it is NOT free to deploy. Read the license agreements again to find out about the costs of deploying.

Jim Wooley
    http://devauthority.com/blogs/jwooley

Thursday, September 07, 2006 2:53 AM
  • while creating the installation package you have to include the fallowing merge madules in your package for crystal report.

Crystal_Database_Access2003.msm

Crystal_regwiz2003.msm

Crystal_Database_Access2003_enu.msm

Crystal_Managed2003.msm

Thursday, September 07, 2006 5:20 AM
  • Hi,

Same thing happend to me when i deploy my project to end users computer. I use the package and deployment of visual basic 6 to create a installation of my project. Everything is quite ok, but when the user try to open the report, which i use crystal report 7.1, the project generate an error. So, what i did is install a copy of crystal report in users computer. This is quite annoying, because i have 20 users that will use my project and i have to install a copy of crystal report in every computer. Tell you frankly, i am still not good at creating an installation package for vb6 project.

I also want to ask every one, if you can share me a knowlege on how to make an installation package of a vb 6 project, that will include crystal report and sql server 2000. So that i will not install sql server 2000 , crystal report and my project one by one.

Thank you very much...
    Monday, October 27, 2008 12:11 PM