none
Can you sync Sharepoint up with a TFS Project?

Question

• I'm currently using TFS 2010 and 2005 Agile Process Template with a lot of customization. I want to set up a Product Management Sharepoint page to centralize information regarding a project/product. Is it possible to set up a form on Sharepoint that can sync to a TFS project similar to how it works with Excel? My goals are to publish specific information automatically to the page to improve communication and also allow people to report bugs or enhancement requests. Our assessments are handled through TFS and then they are scheduled for development. I want to a void information being in multiple locations - instead I want them all housed in one database but accessible from different locations.

Currently I have a TFS project portal set up that allows anyone outside of my department to enter bugs or enhancements either through the TFS Team Explorer Client or Web. The items are assessed and if worthy then copied over to the appropriate portal, scheduled and pushed through our Development Life Cycle. We want to use sharepoint as another vehicle for entry and for communication to make it easier for our Techs to find critical information already reported.

Nikki Bridwell R&D Operations Manager
    Monday, October 03, 2011 1:05 PM

Answers

• Hi NBridwell,

Thanks for your reply. 

“Enter an item”, do you mean add items to Source Control?

In TFS 2010 SharePoint site, we can new a Work Item, but can’t add items to Source Control and edit the Work Item Queries in Team Project SharePoint site.

To add items to Source Control and edit the Work Item Queries, we can achieve that in TFS 2010 Web Access.    

John Qiao [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Get or Request Code Sample from Microsoft
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Monday, October 10, 2011 3:35 AM

All replies

• Hi NBridwell,

Thanks for your post.

TFS 2010 can integration with SharePoint, if you configured SharePoint for TFS 2010, we can create the SharePoint site for each Team Project as Team Project portal.

If you want to integrate SharePoint 2010 with TFS 2010, please refer to detailed steps in this blog: http://blog.hinshelwood.com/integrate-sharepoint-2010-with-team-foundation-server-2010/. 

If you want to create SharePoint site for each project which in Team Project, I suggest you create Team Projects for your each project separately.     

John Qiao [MSFT]
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Thursday, October 06, 2011 9:22 AM
  • Thank you John for the feedback. I already have Sharepoint installed and it does sync to TFS, I'm sorry if I was unclear. The Sharepoint portal is great for showing the reports and document library, but I'd like to see more intergration allowing folks to enter an item and refresh queries. Can it do this and I'm just not aware?

I'd like to know how other people handle this type of Product Management need. I want as much Product information centralized which is availalbe now in TFS I just need to get it to Sharepoint in a cohesive manner.

Nikki Bridwell R&D Operations Manager
    Friday, October 07, 2011 2:13 PM
  • Hi NBridwell,

Thanks for your reply. 

“Enter an item”, do you mean add items to Source Control?

In TFS 2010 SharePoint site, we can new a Work Item, but can’t add items to Source Control and edit the Work Item Queries in Team Project SharePoint site.

To add items to Source Control and edit the Work Item Queries, we can achieve that in TFS 2010 Web Access.    

John Qiao [MSFT]

Monday, October 10, 2011 3:35 AM