none
.net frame work NGEN v2.0.50727_x64 service not able to start

Question

• Hiii

in windows 2008r2 server .net frame work NGEN v2.0.50727_x64 service not happening automatically

if we will start it automatically it will stop and changing to manually.

i am not able start the .net service. so pls help me out if anybody has any idea.

Regards

Sanjay

Tuesday, June 12, 2012 6:47 AM

Answers

• Hi Sanjar,

Welcome to the MSDN forum.

Please refer to this article

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms165074(v=vs.100).aspx

On Windows Vista, the name displayed for the native image service is "Microsoft.NET Framework NGEN v2.0.50727_X86" or "Microsoft.NET Framework NGEN v2.0.50727_X64". 

As far as I know Windows Server 2008 is built from the same code base as Windows Vista, so I think your service is this service.

"The native image service is a Windows service that generates and maintains native images. The native image service allows the developer to defer the installation and update of native images to periods when the computer is idle."

Also, please read this

"Normally, the native image service is initiated by the installation program (installer) for an application or update."

"After being initiated by the execution of an Ngen.exe command that includes the /queue option, the service runs in the background until all actions have been completed. The service saves its state so that it can continue through multiple reboots if necessary. When the service detects that there are no more actions queued, it resets its status so that it will not restart the next time the computer is booted, and then it shuts itself down."

So please first tell me what you really want to do with this service, if it is not used by any software(installer for example). The service will shut itself down.

Thanks,

Barry Wang [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us

Wednesday, June 13, 2012 7:29 AM