none
RangeBar chart combining with...

Question

• Hi,

I have a rangebar chart and want to combine it with a line or spline type diagramm.

Is it possible?

When not, which combinations of diagrammtypes aren't valid in common?

Regards-

Dietrich

• Edited by dherrmann Friday, June 07, 2013 9:14 PM
    Friday, June 07, 2013 9:14 PM

All replies

• Range Bar chart will be combined with any chart type except bar-type char.

Use http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd456745.aspx this link for doc

Saturday, June 08, 2013 9:03 AM
  • Thanks for the fast answer and the link!

The next problem I have is: I'm working with win( VS2012Express. When I work in IDE and have a chart (range bar) on my form with one serie defined and try to add a second serie with designer I get the message:

Die Diagrammvorschau ist nicht verfügbar. Eine durchgeführte Aktion hat einen Fehler in der Diagrammvorschau verursacht. (because I'm German)

But I tried to translate this message into:

The preview of the diagram is not available. A carried out action had caused an error at the preview of diagram.

And then I had to abort this work. What caused this message???

Regards-

Dietrich

Saturday, June 08, 2013 1:00 PM
  • If you have just dragged the chart control from the toolbox and dropped it on your form, it will have a default, ChartArea, Series and Legend. Either delete these through the properties window or in your code.

chart1.Series.Clear();
    chart1.Legends.Clear();
    chart1.ChartAreas.Clear();
    The default chart type is bar so as you are doing a range bar the 2 chart types are not compatible.

George
    http://www.sharpstatistics.co.uk

Saturday, June 08, 2013 3:55 PM
  • Hi George,

the described effect in my second thread shows when the first serie is column and the second should be line. I must say that the chart is copied and pasted from another form....

Dietrich

Saturday, June 08, 2013 8:11 PM