none
Cannot load file or assembly 'CLI.implementation, Version=2.0.2693.36850

Question

• All I wanted to do was update my ATI Catalyst and my video drivers... but no. I had to install a new version of the .NET framework.

After installing .NET framework 3.0 from the Microsoft Updates page, I restarted my computer. Upon reaching the desktop, the ATI Catalyst Control Center would not open, giving me the message:

Cannot load file or assembly 'CLI.implementation, Version=2.0.2693.36850, culture=neutral, publickeytoken=90ba9c70f846762e' or one of it's dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.

I'm really not savvy with this stuff, and I have no idea what to do. I'd like to learn, if not for bettering my knowledge than for the purpose of getting my Catalyst to work again.. Please help!

Sunday, June 10, 2007 4:07 PM

Answers

• Unfortunately, you will need to contact ATI, as the CLI.implementation is not a .NET Framework Assembly shipped.
    Monday, June 11, 2007 3:44 PM
  • Seems to work now.  I have .net 3 installed.  What I did was uninstall the catalyst control and also used the ati uninstall utility.  After reboot I reinstalled catalyst and drivers and now working.

Thursday, June 14, 2007 9:30 PM

All replies

• Unfortunately, you will need to contact ATI, as the CLI.implementation is not a .NET Framework Assembly shipped.
    Monday, June 11, 2007 3:44 PM
  • same thing happened to me. have you found an actual answer?
    Wednesday, June 13, 2007 2:37 AM
  • the same thing happened to me! Someone must have the answer out there.
    Wednesday, June 13, 2007 10:03 PM
  • Wow same here
    Thursday, June 14, 2007 9:04 PM
  • Seems to work now.  I have .net 3 installed.  What I did was uninstall the catalyst control and also used the ati uninstall utility.  After reboot I reinstalled catalyst and drivers and now working.

Thursday, June 14, 2007 9:30 PM
  • It work for me to, Uninstall all ATI, restartet. and additely, I was finally able to update .NET 1 update 1.1

Then reinstall ATI software.

Thanks.

Wednesday, December 12, 2007 9:26 AM
  • had the same problem, this fixed it! find the ati uninstall program, run it and then reinstall .net 2.0 or higher, then install the catalyst.
    Saturday, December 15, 2007 6:33 PM
  • Very interesting. I have been having the exact same problem, which I have been going over with ATI support trying to resolve. The last set of steps they had me take were to update my system BIOS and change the screen refresh rate in DirectX.

I am going to give the steps listed here a try as soon as I get home.

The only way to learn anything, is to question everything
    Wednesday, October 22, 2008 4:12 PM
  • thanks for this advice ... have been having upgrading my ati catalyst control center and display drivers since the ati catalyst/driver upgrade from 08-2008 ... tried uninstalling, reinstalling ... tried reinstalling older versions of software ... nothing worked ... then saw this thread ... uninstalled all ati components using ati uninstall utility via windows add/remove programs applet in control panel ... then installed the .net framework 3.5 sp1 full package ... then installed the newest ati catalyst control center and display driver bundle ... by the way, did not have to reboot at any time when asked ... catalyst works fine again ... thanks again! ... isn't the internet great!
    Saturday, November 29, 2008 6:34 PM
  • Date is 22 November 2009 and I'm still having the same problem despite downloading the most recent
    ATI driver  9-11_xp32_dd_ccc_wdm_enu.exe  :(.   Hardware is ok, but software of ATI is not successfull IMHO...
    Time to change my ATI Radeon graphics card hardware, unfortuantely...

Wednesday, November 25, 2009 2:06 PM
  • I've almost the same problem.
    pc did strange things. I deleted all the files an downloaded the driver again. ( ATI radeon Xpress1100) but when I try to install that my pc gives those 2 errors (CLI. implementation... and MOM.implementation ... ) 
    now the catalyst center completely doesnt work enymore.

Does somebody has these files or know how to fix it???

Sunday, December 06, 2009 11:06 AM
  • Great to know. Thanks, that fixed it perfectly!!

Best Free Credit Repair Information

Saturday, July 03, 2010 10:01 AM
  • Ok...... Just bought a ATI Readeon 5770 card put it in and installed, rebooted and got the same error message you did. Then I scanned the web for the best fix, and got here. Some of these answer's should work.

The way I did it!

The fix:

Un-installed my graphic card ATI CCC program through control panel. Rebooted the computer and the went to the AMD website where they give there Drivers out select the type of Card I have. ATI 5000 series then downloaded the first and latest driver at the top of the web page that installed the basic package. Run the program (if you are under vista you might need to run it under administrator) or install and reboot. 

Problem fixed hope this help.    :)

Friday, September 10, 2010 3:20 AM
  • @GamerGuy4 : Thanks !  I'm using ATI Radeon HD 4xxx series PCIe card and downloading the latest driver+ccc package resolved both CLI.implementation and MOM.implementation . Download latest from : http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownload/Pages/index.aspx

Monday, September 13, 2010 2:34 PM
  • You are trying to find relevant information online, on-line should have.

crusher

Monday, November 01, 2010 6:04 AM