none
Problems with .NET Framework 3.5 SP 1, Windows 7, 64 bit... How do I repair it?

Question

• I can't get TurboTax 2009 to install because it says there's an error in my  .NET Framework 3.5 SP 1...I ran a repair utility provided by TurboTax... It FAILED.  Curiously, I ran the verification program created by Aaron Stebner, and his program reported "verification succeeded" with respect to  .NET Framework 3.5 SP 1. .  In Add/Remove Programs, no repair option is seen for .NET Framework 3.5 SP1.  I tried running Uninstall/Change (out of desperation)... it said a path could not be found and that " .NET Framework 3.5 SP 1may have already been uninstalled".  Huh?   Also, another commercial software, MorphVOX, fails to run apparently because of a problem with .NET Framework.  My OS is Windows 7 - 64 bit (Home Edition).  I've heard of a repair utility for this within Windows 7, but I can't it.  Is there a way to repair .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 ?

Sunday, April 04, 2010 6:03 PM

Answers

• Hello,

Windows 7 (all editions) includes the .NET Framework 3.5.1 as an OS component.  This means you will get the .NET Framework 2.0 SP2, 3.0 SP2 and 3.5 SP1 plus a few post 3.5 SP1 bug fixes.  So, you do not need to install it separately.

You can try the following steps to see if they help:

1. Verify that if you have turned on the feature of .NET Framework.
        (Control Panel - Programs and Features - Turn Windows features on or off - Verify that the box next to Microsoft .NET Framework has been checked)

2. Use Verification Tool to verify .Net Framework has been installed well on your OS. If .Net Framework cannot be verified on your computer, you can try to follow the steps mentioned in this blog to repair the .NET Framework.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    Send us any feedback you have about the help from MSFT at fbmsdn@microsoft.com.
    Monday, April 05, 2010 7:43 AM