none
problem by debugging

Question

• when im trying to debug, the application is saving and the visual studio 12 is restarting and i have to open again the project to continue the programming!
    Wednesday, December 19, 2012 2:59 PM

Answers

• Hi MikeCycon,

Sorry for my delay for this issue.

It worked well in other machine, but it still has the same issue after you re-install your VS. If so, I’m afraid that I don’t have a good solution, maybe it is related to your Environment, could you try to start your machine in safemode? Check it again. And then run your VS in safemode, hope it could help.

To get the issue confirmed and diagnose by product team, would you please create connect report for it? You will get email notification for update.http://connect.microsoft.com/VisualStudio/feedback/CreateFeedback.aspx. Thanks for your understanding.

Best Regards,

Jack Zhai [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Develop and promote your apps in Windows Store
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Wednesday, January 30, 2013 9:19 AM
  • I tried to reinstall it several times and unfortunately the problem is still there! the project is about windows store apps using c# and xaml!!

The windows store stuff is a fledgling feature of Visual Studio 2012, and it's entirely possible there are bugs.

I suggest you put together the information you would need to report it.  This begins with trying to reproduce the crash on a clean install of windows, with a clean install of visual studio with the minimal amount of code and project settings to reproduce the failure.  If you can put together those steps, then you should probably post that information here in the forums first ... I expect someone will be able to point out what the problem is.

It's important to draw a dividing line through your problem.  Surely SOME features of visual studio 2012 are working, right?  I mean, most features work for me, and likely for almost everybody else.  So you need to provide enough information so that you can say, "Here's something that's close to what I want to do that works just fine with no crashing of Visual Studio, but when I try [this small variation] it crashes and restarts every time."

You have to have both sides: something that works, and something that doesn't work.  Right now it sounds an awful lot like your whole computer is messed up.  You need to say what IS working and isolate that one small thing that you change that makes it start crashing.  If you can't get to a working state of any kind, then it's time to nuke the entire site from orbit - it's the only way to be sure.  Which, as I said, may involve re-installing Windows and Visual Studio (assuming your hardware is in good shape.)

So put that information together, and present your findings here.  And, be specific.  If you put in the energy to report all the details with clear steps and outline the detective work you have done on your own, then you'll get your answer very quickly and you can get back to business.  I expect you'll get the help you need in this forum.  Failing that, you can report your issue at connect.microsoft.com.  Either way, we need more details to be able to help you.

Wednesday, January 30, 2013 1:56 PM

All replies

• I'm looking for a question in there, and I don't see one.

If you have a question, then you have to provide details.

If you want to log a bug use connect.microsoft.com.

Wednesday, December 19, 2012 3:00 PM
  • Thanks for Wyck’s help.

Hi MikeCycon,

Actually, I didn’t meet this issue before. As Wyck’s suggestion, it would be better if you could share us more detailed message. Whether all apps have the same issue? Does it work well before?

If all projects have the same issue, I doubt that it is related to your VS installing. Maybe you could try to reopen your VS in the Safe Mode/ default settings, and then debug a simple app.

If just the specific app has this issue, I suggest you try to debug it in other machine, if it still has the same issue, one idea is that you could add the breakpoint to your app, and then debug it with Step Into (F11), and check which line code generated this issue. if you get any log message, please share it to us.

If there's any concern, please feel free to let me know.

Best Regards,

Jack Zhai [MSFT]
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Thursday, December 20, 2012 9:00 AM
  • Hi Jack Zhai

All apps have the same issue so I don't think so that is app issue . It does not work well before! I am student and my tutor try to solve this issue and he did not  know how to solve it. I try to uninstall and install it again and the problem is still there. Of course in other machine it working properly. It would be great if I had a solution for this machine to keep it for a while until find other machine. I have windows 8 pro and Microsoft visual studio 2012 on Toshiba l300, intel core 2 duo 2Ghz and 4gb ram. When I click on debug button to debug my app on vs , for 2 sec it appear on error list the message : !>...Deploy started: Project: app1, Configuration:    1>..Updating the layout, also it appear mesasage window with title of :Microsoft visual studio 2012 has stop working and in the message window is the text: Windows is sending information to Microsoft that can help solve the problem (I don't know how and when can Microsoft solve the problem through that message) . and after 2 sec it appear another message window with title : Microsoft visual studio has restarting and the text in window is : windows is collecting more information about the problem. this might take several minute. and then the visual studios is restarting and I have to open the project again to continue!!! and you can understand that is frustrating if I have to wait for restart the program when I want to see the project on simulator! . . thank you in advance, I hope to find me a solution!

Monday, January 28, 2013 1:06 PM
  • What kind of project did you create?  (Language, etc.)  

Are you able to create a simple "hello world" project and have it work correctly?

The "deploy" part of it may be the part that's broken.  What's it trying to deploy to?

Monday, January 28, 2013 2:40 PM
  • it is simple with buttons and menus . the problem it exist and  for hello world project! . . the application its working properly after debugging and restart of vs, the only problem is that I have to wait after every debugging the vs to restart!

Tuesday, January 29, 2013 4:21 PM
  • Which project template did you use to create your project?

C++?  C#?  VB?  Windows Forms?  Windows Store?

Tuesday, January 29, 2013 5:38 PM
  • it is simple with buttons and menus . the problem it exist and  for hello world project! . . the application its working properly after debugging and restart of vs, the only problem is that I have to wait after every debugging the vs to restart!

I would reinstall Visual Studio at this point.
    Tuesday, January 29, 2013 5:40 PM
  • I tried to reinstall it several times and unfortunately the problem is still there! the project is about windows store apps using c# and xaml!!
    Tuesday, January 29, 2013 11:26 PM
  • Hi MikeCycon,

Sorry for my delay for this issue.

It worked well in other machine, but it still has the same issue after you re-install your VS. If so, I’m afraid that I don’t have a good solution, maybe it is related to your Environment, could you try to start your machine in safemode? Check it again. And then run your VS in safemode, hope it could help.

To get the issue confirmed and diagnose by product team, would you please create connect report for it? You will get email notification for update.http://connect.microsoft.com/VisualStudio/feedback/CreateFeedback.aspx. Thanks for your understanding.

Best Regards,

Jack Zhai [MSFT]

Wednesday, January 30, 2013 9:19 AM

The windows store stuff is a fledgling feature of Visual Studio 2012, and it's entirely possible there are bugs.

I suggest you put together the information you would need to report it.  This begins with trying to reproduce the crash on a clean install of windows, with a clean install of visual studio with the minimal amount of code and project settings to reproduce the failure.  If you can put together those steps, then you should probably post that information here in the forums first ... I expect someone will be able to point out what the problem is.

It's important to draw a dividing line through your problem.  Surely SOME features of visual studio 2012 are working, right?  I mean, most features work for me, and likely for almost everybody else.  So you need to provide enough information so that you can say, "Here's something that's close to what I want to do that works just fine with no crashing of Visual Studio, but when I try [this small variation] it crashes and restarts every time."

You have to have both sides: something that works, and something that doesn't work.  Right now it sounds an awful lot like your whole computer is messed up.  You need to say what IS working and isolate that one small thing that you change that makes it start crashing.  If you can't get to a working state of any kind, then it's time to nuke the entire site from orbit - it's the only way to be sure.  Which, as I said, may involve re-installing Windows and Visual Studio (assuming your hardware is in good shape.)

So put that information together, and present your findings here.  And, be specific.  If you put in the energy to report all the details with clear steps and outline the detective work you have done on your own, then you'll get your answer very quickly and you can get back to business.  I expect you'll get the help you need in this forum.  Failing that, you can report your issue at connect.microsoft.com.  Either way, we need more details to be able to help you.

Wednesday, January 30, 2013 1:56 PM