none
microsoft.NET Framework v1.1.4322 update

Question

• i am not able to use the hibernation feature on my machine. It keeps giving a message that 'microsoft.NET Framework v1.1.4322 update is stopping the machine from going in the standby mode' how can I change this?

any help will be appreciated. I have an xp version.

Wednesday, July 18, 2007 12:58 PM

Answers

• Uninstall the last security update you got.  They goofed (again).
    Thursday, July 19, 2007 12:21 AM
  • Hi,

If you don't want to directly uninstall the last security update you got, suggest following the following direction mentioned in this thread.

Code Snippet
    1) Go to the control panel and select the add/remove software tool then try removing everything with .NET in the name. If you can remove everything go to step 3. If you cannot remove everything go to step 2.

2) Go and download the windows installer clean up tool at:
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/290301

run the windows installer clean up tool and BE CAREFUL to only select the .NET items from the list and remove them. Note: this will likely leave the names as "dead links" in the Add/Remove Software list, but not to worry they will do no harm and will get fixed when we finish. It's possible to clean them up but let's stay out of the registry :-)

3) Go and get the file "dotnetfx.exe" this is ".NET 1.1" from

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...displaylang=en

install it.

4) Go and get the file "NDP1.1sp1-KB867460-X86.exe" this is the ".NET 1.1 service pack 1"

install it.

5) Install the SECURITY patch, the dreaded KB928366, we have all grown to hate. You can install it from the Windows Update program (be sure to ONLY select the KB928366 patch and NOTHING else, we dont want to put back 2.0 or 3.0 yet). It's OK go ahead and click ...it will be alright...you can do it...it's just one more time... :-)

6) Re-run the Windows Update and you can add back in .NET 2.0 and 3.0

Another reference System refuses to enter standby mode after automatic update.

If the issue still exists, recommend the Newsgroup Discussions in microsoft.public.windowsupdate.

Thank you All for your passional participation in this forum!

Friday, July 20, 2007 8:46 AM
  • Hello remedy,

Welcome to this forum!

1. How to uninstall a security update?

•    By Add or Remove Programes panel

Generally, Microsoft Softwars all will come up here after installing.    

2. How to know which one is the last one?

On the top of Add or Remove Programes panel panel, there is a "Show Updates" checkbox.

Once you check it, a (KBID) symbol will appears at the end of each software of Microsoft.

e.g.

Security Update for Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 (KB928365)

Update for Windows Server 2003 (KB931836)

Update for Office 2007 (KB934391)

The maximal KBID means the last one.

Hope this can help you!

Thursday, July 26, 2007 10:13 AM

All replies

• Uninstall the last security update you got.  They goofed (again).
    Thursday, July 19, 2007 12:21 AM
  • am not able to use the hibernation feature on my machine. It keeps giving a message that 'microsoft.NET Framework v1.1.4322 update is stopping the machine from going in the standby mode' how can I change this?

any help will be appreciated. I have an xp version.

Thanks

Thursday, July 19, 2007 2:16 PM
  • Hi,

If you don't want to directly uninstall the last security update you got, suggest following the following direction mentioned in this thread.

Code Snippet
    1) Go to the control panel and select the add/remove software tool then try removing everything with .NET in the name. If you can remove everything go to step 3. If you cannot remove everything go to step 2.

2) Go and download the windows installer clean up tool at:
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/290301

run the windows installer clean up tool and BE CAREFUL to only select the .NET items from the list and remove them. Note: this will likely leave the names as "dead links" in the Add/Remove Software list, but not to worry they will do no harm and will get fixed when we finish. It's possible to clean them up but let's stay out of the registry :-)

3) Go and get the file "dotnetfx.exe" this is ".NET 1.1" from

install it.

4) Go and get the file "NDP1.1sp1-KB867460-X86.exe" this is the ".NET 1.1 service pack 1"

install it.

5) Install the SECURITY patch, the dreaded KB928366, we have all grown to hate. You can install it from the Windows Update program (be sure to ONLY select the KB928366 patch and NOTHING else, we dont want to put back 2.0 or 3.0 yet). It's OK go ahead and click ...it will be alright...you can do it...it's just one more time... :-)

6) Re-run the Windows Update and you can add back in .NET 2.0 and 3.0

Another reference System refuses to enter standby mode after automatic update.

If the issue still exists, recommend the Newsgroup Discussions in microsoft.public.windowsupdate.

Thank you All for your passional participation in this forum!

Friday, July 20, 2007 8:46 AM
  • I'm having the same  problem, and I was wondering if you could explain how to uninstall a security update. Does it come up in the Add or Remove Programs section? And how do I know which one is the last one?
    Thanks!
    Monday, July 23, 2007 12:38 PM
  • Hello remedy,

Welcome to this forum!

1. How to uninstall a security update?

•    By Add or Remove Programes panel

Generally, Microsoft Softwars all will come up here after installing.    

2. How to know which one is the last one?

On the top of Add or Remove Programes panel panel, there is a "Show Updates" checkbox.

Once you check it, a (KBID) symbol will appears at the end of each software of Microsoft.

e.g.

Security Update for Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 (KB928365)

Update for Windows Server 2003 (KB931836)

Update for Office 2007 (KB934391)

The maximal KBID means the last one.

Hope this can help you!

Thursday, July 26, 2007 10:13 AM
  • I followed the steps listed above (save for installing .Net 2.0 and .Net 3.0) and the message still returned.
    Sunday, July 29, 2007 4:00 AM
  • <FONT face="Times New Roman">i am facing problem (media centre edition) not working, when i click media centre edition then i get message Net Framework v1.1.4322.</FONT>
    <P align=left><FONT face=Arial size=2></FONT>&nbsp;</P>
    Monday, August 13, 2007 5:00 PM
  • I followed those detailed steps but to no avail..no standby...

i did not do step 6) re-run the windows update & you can add back in .NET 2.0 & 3.0

that is, 'I don't know what your talking about' space....I await a reply..somehow I'll find my way back to this site. I hope.

Thursday, September 13, 2007 7:04 PM
  • hiya ! gooofed and again ..sigh
    horrible...

me also updated this http://support.microsoft.com/kb/953297 last month 14/Oct/2009 and the system.dll (1.1.4322.2443) SCREW up my base codes (FRAMEWORK 1.1-SP1)below,
        '   Shadow the Backcolor property so that the base class will still render with a transparent backcolor
        <System.ComponentModel.DefaultValueAttribute(GetType(System.Drawing.Color), "Window"), _
         System.ComponentModel.CategoryAttribute("Appearance"), _
         System.ComponentModel.DescriptionAttribute("The primary background color used to display text and graphics in the control.")> _
        Public Shadows Property BackColor() As System.Drawing.Color
            Get
                Return Me._BackColour1
            End Get
            Set(ByVal Value As System.Drawing.Color)
                Me._BackColour1 = Value
                If Me.DesignMode = True Then <<<******** ERROR ON THIS LINE !!!!
                    Me.Invalidate()
                End If
            End Set
        End Property

so after I change back to 1.1.4322.2407 (system.dll). it's working perrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrfectly !!!!!!

Smile, Joshua Siew
    Thursday, November 19, 2009 9:08 AM
  • We need to install the net.framework 114322.  Nothing will install on my husband's computer....I've read all this information and am a little afraid of uninstalling/removed net.framwork 2 because none of his updates or anything will install.  Can you give me any help or reassurance.  thanks
    Wednesday, January 25, 2012 3:51 PM