none
Do not see "my" namespace in the class library when I reference it

Question

• Hi,

I build a single page project and it works fine, now I want to convert it to class library. I created a single page application which references the class library I built using  "class library" template. Within the library  I use a particular namespace but when I reference it in an "application" project Visual Studio does not recognize it.  The strange thing I see the library assembly in the application project but when I open it I do not see any classes inside.  My library has about 6 classes and interfaces inside but I am not able see them when it is referenced.

Thank you for the help.

Monday, July 01, 2013 9:52 PM

Answers

• Sure I did and I found my mistake, my classes were not public, it was OK when I use them outside of library but there were not exposed. After I put public in front of class I was able to use them. Thanks again for looking at my problem
    Tuesday, July 02, 2013 1:22 AM

All replies

• Did you add to the top of the module that is calling the reference library a "using" (C#) or Imports (VbNet)?  The library name is the namespace which must be included on th emodule.  I assume the reference you added was the dll created from the class library.  Only public objects will be seen by another class.

jdweng

Monday, July 01, 2013 11:53 PM
  • Sure I did and I found my mistake, my classes were not public, it was OK when I use them outside of library but there were not exposed. After I put public in front of class I was able to use them. Thanks again for looking at my problem
    Tuesday, July 02, 2013 1:22 AM