none
Multiple Choice Exam in C#

Question

• Hi there,

I'm looking to create a small Multiple Choice Exam for a side project of mine. For each question I would like there to be a text question, then a selection of four answers. The user then could submit his answer and after say 10 questions his score could be produced (you get the picture :P).

Anyway I'm actually after some advise as to how to implement this. Which technique do you think I should use to store questions and answers? Database, XML, text files? Could anyone give me any tips on how to do this?

Thanks in advance,

Tim.
    Monday, November 17, 2008 11:47 PM

Answers

• I'd go with either text file, or XML. Database seems overkill for a 10 question test :)

Also, move the answer around on the test, that is given the following question:

Is the sky blue?

A) Yes
    B) No
    C) True
    D) False

It should come out with the answers in different orders each time, so there is no positional bias on your part (Most people designing tests put the correct answer at 3, then 2, then either 1 or 4). 

Ron Whittle - If the post is helpful or answers your question, please mark it as such.
    • Proposed as answer by Harry Zhu Thursday, November 20, 2008 3:39 AM
    • Marked as answer by Harry Zhu Monday, November 24, 2008 9:40 AM
    Tuesday, November 18, 2008 4:55 AM
  • I think XML would be the appropriate choice for MCQ.

• Proposed as answer by Agalo Tuesday, November 18, 2008 5:44 AM
    Tuesday, November 18, 2008 5:42 AM

All replies

• I'd go with either text file, or XML. Database seems overkill for a 10 question test :)

Also, move the answer around on the test, that is given the following question:

Is the sky blue?

A) Yes
    B) No
    C) True
    D) False

It should come out with the answers in different orders each time, so there is no positional bias on your part (Most people designing tests put the correct answer at 3, then 2, then either 1 or 4). 

Ron Whittle - If the post is helpful or answers your question, please mark it as such.
    • Proposed as answer by Harry Zhu Thursday, November 20, 2008 3:39 AM
    Tuesday, November 18, 2008 4:55 AM
  • I think XML would be the appropriate choice for MCQ.

• Proposed as answer by Agalo Tuesday, November 18, 2008 5:44 AM
    Tuesday, November 18, 2008 5:42 AM