none
Retrieving the COM class factory for component with CLSID {0006F03A-0000-0000-C000-000000000046} failed due to the following err

Question

• Hi

I added references of Outlook into my application for opening email client using my ASP.NET project,, its working fine in DEBUG mode,,,

but when i install this application on to my WINDOWS 2000 TERMINAL SERVER , this error is shown

Retrieving the COM class factory for component with CLSID {0006F03A-0000-0000-C000-000000000046} failed due to the following error: 80080005.

How should i solve this problem,,,

I am using ASP.NET 2.0,,,  

it is perfectly working in DEBUG mode......

only when installed in SERVER its showing the above error

Thanks & regards

winnie cherian
    CODE SHOWN BELOW
     Dim objOutlk As New Outlook.Application  'Outlook
                Const olMailItem As Integer = 0
                Dim objMail As New System.Object
                objMail = objOutlk.CreateItem(olMailItem) 'Email item
                objMail.subject = hidSubject.Value
                objMail.body = hidBody.Value
                Dim strFiles As String = hidAttach.Value
                Dim strFilefinal() As String = strFiles.Split(";")
                For i As Integer = 0 To strFilefinal.Length - 1
                    objMail.attachments.add(strFilefinal(i).ToString)
                Next
                objMail.display()
                objMail = Nothing
                objOutlk = Nothing

Tuesday, May 15, 2007 4:51 AM

Answers

• Well, that's definitely the CLSID for Outlook.  The trivial explanation: do you have Outlook installed on your Terminal Server?  It is definitely more of a client type of app, little reason to install it on a server.  Could you actually run one instance of Outlook to support multiple clients?  Doubtful...
    Tuesday, May 15, 2007 11:19 PM

All replies

• This error occurs when you cannot start Outlook for some reason, try the following:

1. See if the work around below solves the problem. It may be easier to adopt the work around than to repair the Outlook environment.

2. Disable all other Outlook add-ins: Outlook Tools menu | Options | Other tab | Advanced Options | COM Add-Ins | uncheck the items. If this solves the problem, then re-enable one add-in at a time until the problem reappears. Note that Microsoft Backup for PSTs can cause these problems. You may want to consider disabling it first.

3. Repair/reinstall Outlook. See Outlook Help menu | Detect and Repair, or see your Outlook documentation.

4. Uninstall then reinstall Outlook fully as a last resort (note do not simply reinstall - you must uninstall Outlook first then reinstall it). Do not uninstall the Office package as a whole, just select Outlook to uninstall. This has a high success rate, particularly with 8007007E-01 and 8007045A-01. Your message stores (psts) and account data will not be lost when you uninstall. On reinstall you will be able to open both Outlook. The one drawback is that if you have applied patches to your Outlook since the initial install, they will need to be reapplied when Outlook is reinstalled. You can do this by going to Outlook/Help/Check for Updates.
    • Proposed as answer by Tony Cleveland1 Sunday, September 18, 2011 11:21 PM
    Tuesday, May 15, 2007 10:23 PM
  • Well, that's definitely the CLSID for Outlook.  The trivial explanation: do you have Outlook installed on your Terminal Server?  It is definitely more of a client type of app, little reason to install it on a server.  Could you actually run one instance of Outlook to support multiple clients?  Doubtful...
    Tuesday, May 15, 2007 11:19 PM
  • I get the same error even in debug mode. I tried removing all add-ins, and repairing outlook and the problem still exists.

Cant say im a fan of completley un-installing and re-installing Outlook.. Is this problem likely to occur on my customers computers?

Im doing this in C#. I have added the Microsoft Outlook 11.0 object libary

using Outlook = Microsoft.Office.Interop.Outlook;

Outlook.Application oApp = new Outlook.Application(); // error here

Thursday, June 21, 2007 3:23 AM
  • Ok I Uninstalled and re-installed Microsoft office and yes it now works.. its nice that I didnt have to re-configure my outlook email accounts or personal folders like I thought I would have to, hurrah for outlook unistall leaving behind the important stuff.

I did have Buisness contact manager installed. removing it did not however rectify the problem.

I also had a skype add-in... im suspicious it may have been the cause of this issue.

Shaun

Thursday, June 21, 2007 4:37 AM
  • Inbar,

Outlook Help menu | Detect and Repair resolved my problem.

Thanks!

Sunday, September 18, 2011 11:23 PM