none
Multiples workflows services seen as operations instead independent services

Question

• Multiples workflow services require equal number of WorkflowServiceHost to host them, and so they'll appear to be different services, will Dublin change this situation?

For example let’s take a simple scenario.   I want to build a “math” service under http://localhost:8080/math   it will expose a couple operations Addtion and Substraction, nothing new here it's easy to accomplish for example using parallel or pick receive shapes. Addition and Substractions will be exposed as operations belonging to the same service, located under the same address; but the situation changes if I want to create a more complex logic/or specialized workflows;  let’s create a single workflow for the addition logic and another for subtraction, it will require two WorkflowServiceHost with different addresses in other words two different services, is there a workaround for this situation?

Tuesday, July 28, 2009 8:29 PM

Answers

• You are correct, we require a unique Activity per WorkflowServiceHost. If you want to support partitioning I recommend using the RoutingService (in System.ServiceModel.Routing) to fan out your requests to the relevent service host (you can even do this in-proc)

Monday, August 03, 2009 11:35 PM

All replies

• I guess atleast in Beta version, the situation cannot be changed. You need to create different services.
    Friday, July 31, 2009 5:03 AM
  • You are correct, we require a unique Activity per WorkflowServiceHost. If you want to support partitioning I recommend using the RoutingService (in System.ServiceModel.Routing) to fan out your requests to the relevent service host (you can even do this in-proc)

Monday, August 03, 2009 11:35 PM