none
to download .net framework 2.0 for windows 7

Question

• Hi ,

I downloaded sql express 2005 edition (SQLEXPR_ADV ) for windows 7 operating system. Please can u advice me to find the download link 
    .net framework 2.0  for windows7 64 bit operating system. I think net framework 2.0 is need to run sqlexpress 2005 . Please can u advice me

With thanks
    polachan
    polachan
    • Moved by YiChun Chen Wednesday, January 13, 2010 9:38 AM .NET Framework issue (From:Visual Basic Express Edition)
    Tuesday, January 12, 2010 7:06 PM

Answers

• Hi Polachan,

Thank you for your post.

For Windows 7, it includes the .NET Framework 3.5.1 as an OS component. This means you will get the .NET Framework 2.0 SP2, 3.0 SP2 and 3.5 SP1 plus a few post 3.5 SP1 bug fixes. The feature of 3.0 SP2 and 3.5 SP1 can be added or removed via the Programs and Features control panel. Thus, we don't need to manually download .NET Framework 2.0 and install it on Windows 7.

You can directly install SQL Server 2005 on Windows 7. If you have any concern on SQL Server 2005 installation, you can try posting your issue on SQL Server Setup & Upgrade forum. You will get more useful help there.

Hope this helps. If you have any concern, please feel free to let me know.

Best regards,
    Yichun Chen
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    Welcome to the All-In-One Code Framework! If you have any feedback, please tell us.
    • Marked as answer by YiChun Chen Wednesday, January 20, 2010 4:05 AM
    Thursday, January 14, 2010 8:31 AM

All replies

• this will work

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=B44A0000-ACF8-4FA1-AFFB-40E78D788B00&displaylang=en
    Sorry if my replies are a bit brief but i feel we learn more if we have to think about things. A small clue is better than a spoiler.
    Tuesday, January 12, 2010 7:19 PM
  • Hi Polachan,

I am moving this thread from Base "Visual Basic Express Edition" forum to the ".NET Framework Setup" forum, since the issue is related to .NET Framework. There are more experts in the ".NET Framework Setup" forum.

Thanks
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    Welcome to the All-In-One Code Framework! If you have any feedback, please tell us.
    Wednesday, January 13, 2010 9:38 AM
  • Hi Polachan,

Thank you for your post.

For Windows 7, it includes the .NET Framework 3.5.1 as an OS component. This means you will get the .NET Framework 2.0 SP2, 3.0 SP2 and 3.5 SP1 plus a few post 3.5 SP1 bug fixes. The feature of 3.0 SP2 and 3.5 SP1 can be added or removed via the Programs and Features control panel. Thus, we don't need to manually download .NET Framework 2.0 and install it on Windows 7.

You can directly install SQL Server 2005 on Windows 7. If you have any concern on SQL Server 2005 installation, you can try posting your issue on SQL Server Setup & Upgrade forum. You will get more useful help there.

Hope this helps. If you have any concern, please feel free to let me know.

Best regards,
    Yichun Chen
    • Marked as answer by YiChun Chen Wednesday, January 20, 2010 4:05 AM
    Thursday, January 14, 2010 8:31 AM