none
How to add the MySqlClient Connector?

Question

• I have downloaded the connector in the MySql site. It is the connector 5.0

I also installed the setup file and I can see the changelog and documentation. All I need now is that how to put it in my C# application.

I want it to be shown in the uppermost code of my application where the code starts with

using System.Data.MySqlClient;

along with the others. Please help.

Thanks and more power. ^_^
    Monday, March 12, 2007 4:56 PM

All replies

• You're on the right track.

You will also need to add a reference to the mysql.dll (or mysqlconnect.dll or whatever it's called, the exact name escapes me) to your project - this is the step you are properly missing.

To add a reference right-click the project name in visual studio and select "add reference". Then browse the mysql DLL file.
    Monday, March 12, 2007 8:33 PM
  • but the problem is that. when I add a reference in the project menu as you have described, a dialog box appears with nothing in it except 2 buttons (OK/CANCEL). I tried repairing the installation but still the case is the same.

Hope you got a solution to this. Been trying to figure it out for 4 hours now. :-(
    Monday, March 12, 2007 8:41 PM
  • Select Project -> Add Reference (From the menubar at the top of VS). Select the "Browse" tab and the navigate to the MySql assembly which you need.

You will of course need to do this whilst your project is open :)
    Monday, March 12, 2007 8:44 PM
  • It still doesn't work. Same result. I did open my project when doing this too. I tried doing it in solution explorer and in Project Menu.
    Monday, March 12, 2007 8:47 PM