none
Get path to Build summary wep page in Build process template

Question

• Im using Windows workflow build process template to create my build script. In my build script I would like the url to the Build summary page that is accessable from the TFS Web. The url is for example:

host.com:port/tfs/DefaultCollection/MyProject/_build#buildUri=vstfs%3A%2F%2F%2FBuild%2FBuild%2F173&logPath=&_a=summary.

In what variables/arguments in the workflow can I find this url?

Thanks

• Edited by kalasp Wednesday, August 14, 2013 1:10 PM
    Wednesday, August 14, 2013 1:09 PM

Answers

• Hi Kalasp, 

Thanks for your post.

As far as I know there’s no this build summary page url in default build process template’s variables/arguments.  

John Qiao [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Develop and promote your apps in Windows Store
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Thursday, August 15, 2013 2:30 AM
  • Hi kalasp, 

Thanks for your reply.

We can find that the build summary page link be consist of team project name url, _build and build uri.

For example, in your build summary page link: host.com:port/tfs/DefaultCollection/MyProject/_build#buildUri=vstfs%3A%2F%2F%2FBuild%2FBuild%2F173&logPath=&_a=summary. The team project url is: http://host.com:port/tfs/DefaultCollection/MyProject, the build uri is: vstfs:///Build/Buid/173, so you can open your this build summary page from this link: http://host.com:port/tfs/DefaultCollection/MyProject/_build#buildUri= vstfs:///Build/Buid/173&logPath=&_a=summary. 

If you want to open your build summary page from your application, you should get teamprojectUrl(or collection url + /teamprojectname) and buildUri from build, then consist them with /_build# and &logPath=&_a=summary to generate the build summary page link: teamprojectUrl/_build#buildUri=buildUri&logPath=&_a=summary. 

John Qiao [MSFT]
    <THE CONTENT IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED>
    Thanks
    MSDN Community Support

Please remember to "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue. It is a common way to recognize those who have helped you, and makes it easier for other visitors to find the resolution later.

• Marked as answer by kalasp Thursday, August 22, 2013 8:09 PM
    Wednesday, August 21, 2013 2:18 AM

All replies

• Hi Kalasp, 

Thanks for your post.

As far as I know there’s no this build summary page url in default build process template’s variables/arguments.  

John Qiao [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Develop and promote your apps in Windows Store
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Thursday, August 15, 2013 2:30 AM
  • Hi Kalasp, 

If misunderstood anything, please describe your question in more detail and we will try to provide the better responses.

John Qiao [MSFT]
    <THE CONTENT IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED>
    Thanks
    MSDN Community Support

Please remember to "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue. It is a common way to recognize those who have helped you, and makes it easier for other visitors to find the resolution later.

Monday, August 19, 2013 9:12 AM
  • Ok, sad.

What Im trying to achieve is to put a link to the build summary page in to my web.config so that i can display a link in the application so the users (test-users) easily can see the build output.

Any other suggestions on how to do this then?

Tuesday, August 20, 2013 7:11 AM
  • Hi kalasp, 

Thanks for your reply.

We can find that the build summary page link be consist of team project name url, _build and build uri.

For example, in your build summary page link: host.com:port/tfs/DefaultCollection/MyProject/_build#buildUri=vstfs%3A%2F%2F%2FBuild%2FBuild%2F173&logPath=&_a=summary. The team project url is: http://host.com:port/tfs/DefaultCollection/MyProject, the build uri is: vstfs:///Build/Buid/173, so you can open your this build summary page from this link: http://host.com:port/tfs/DefaultCollection/MyProject/_build#buildUri= vstfs:///Build/Buid/173&logPath=&_a=summary. 

If you want to open your build summary page from your application, you should get teamprojectUrl(or collection url + /teamprojectname) and buildUri from build, then consist them with /_build# and &logPath=&_a=summary to generate the build summary page link: teamprojectUrl/_build#buildUri=buildUri&logPath=&_a=summary. 

John Qiao [MSFT]
    Thanks
    MSDN Community Support

• Marked as answer by kalasp Thursday, August 22, 2013 8:09 PM
    Wednesday, August 21, 2013 2:18 AM
  • Thanks! That was exactly what i was after!
    Wednesday, August 21, 2013 5:15 AM