none
Access to the registry key 'Global' is denied.

Question

• I had a catastrophic failure of my VIsta OS three weeks ago. I downloaded and installed an optional upgrade for my Graphics Card e-GeForce 7600 GS and the screen went blank. It never recovered. I had to reinstall Vista with numerous consequences you can imagine.

Now I am trying to run one app which had been completely debugged previously. I remember I had a problem with the same statement before but do not recall how I solved it. Actually Michael Taylor helped me with that. I could not find that post for the life of me. The only odd thing is that I am certain, the error message before was different. I do not remember what it was but I am sure I am seeing this one the first time ever. The difference I should also mention is that Vista now is Ultimate, befoire it was Business.

This is the statement:

private PerformanceCounter theCPUCounter = new PerformanceCounter ( "Processor", "% Processor Time", "_Total", true );

I presume this key is on HKEY_USERS on Local Machine\VirtualStore\Machine\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\EventCollector\Globals

I need help again.

Thanks.

Monday, December 03, 2007 5:03 PM

Answers

• OK, that's been cracked. I've found the original post and Michael's solution to it: I had to add myself to the user groups: Performance Monitor Users & Performance Monitor Logs.

Monday, December 03, 2007 7:07 PM