none
Error 1607 Transaction failure 0x80071A2E: Installing VS2005 Redist: No info on internet

Question

• Error 1607: Assembly Error: The requested operation is not valid on the Transaction object in its current state.

MSI (s) (98:64) [07:58:48:842]: MsiProvideAssembly is returning: 1607
    MSI (s) (98:64) [07:58:59:621]: Assembly Error:The requested operation is not valid on the Transaction object in its current state.

MSI (s) (98:64) [07:58:59:621]: Note: 1: 1935 2: {04B9F3B6-9645-7658-A01F-C8B3B9A1E18E} 3: 0x80071A2E 4: IAssemblyCache 5: UninstallAssembly 6: policy.8.0.Microsoft.VC80.OpenMP,type="win32-policy",version="8.0.50727.762",publicKeyToken="1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b",processorArchitecture="x86"
    MSI (s) (98:64) [07:58:59:621]: Assembly Error (sxs): To get more diagnostic information, enable the Component Based Servicing Log.

Recieved errors during install of Visual Studio C++ Redistributable (and VSC++ Redist SP1). Posting here because there is ZERO info on internet or my search foo sucks so bad...

.NET 2.0 Installed, .NET 3.5 SP1 failed

.NET 3.0 folders and .dlls in the subfolder exist, DLLs in the SYSTEM folder are 2.0.

.NET 3.0 not showing up in registry or Remove Programs list.

Before installing 2.0, it did not show up in registry or Remove list. Now it shows up in all three, and the system dlls are 2.0, but 3.0 and Visual Studio 2005 C++ redistributable not installing. Error log is above.

It's all a Nemesis plot.... No really!
    Sunday, March 28, 2010 9:28 PM

Answers

• Hi Xaade,

Thank you for your post.

Some clarification with you:
    What's your OS?
    Do you mean that you received the error message during the installation of Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 SP1 Redistributable Package or .NET Framework 3.5 SP1? Is your concern related to Visual Studio 2005 Redistributable Package or .NET Framework?

Since this forum is for the support of .NET Framework installation, if you have any concern related to .NET Framework, could you please use Collect tool to collect the log files for further troubleshooting?

- Try to clean your "%temp%" folder (Start Menu >> Run >> Type "%temp%")
    - Download and install .NET Framework 3.5 Service Pack 1 (Full Package) 
      (For Vista or later OS, the installer must be run with administrator privileges - Right-click the installer >> "Run as Administrator")
    - Collect the logs from "%temp%" folder
       Collect tool: http://blogs.msdn.com/heaths/archive/2008/05/09/visual-studio-and-net-log-collection-utility.aspx
    - Send vslogs.cab file to me (v-yicche@microsoft.com)
      Note: Please attach the link of this post in the mail.

Hope this helps! If you have any concern, please feel free to let me know.

Best regards,
    Yichun Chen

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    Welcome to the All-In-One Code Framework! If you have any feedback, please tell us.
    • Marked as answer by YiChun Chen Monday, April 05, 2010 7:10 AM
    • Unmarked as answer by Xaade Friday, May 14, 2010 8:14 PM
    • Marked as answer by YiChun Chen Monday, May 17, 2010 3:50 AM
    Tuesday, March 30, 2010 9:38 AM

All replies

• Hi Xaade,

Thank you for your post.

Some clarification with you:
    What's your OS?
    Do you mean that you received the error message during the installation of Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 SP1 Redistributable Package or .NET Framework 3.5 SP1? Is your concern related to Visual Studio 2005 Redistributable Package or .NET Framework?

Since this forum is for the support of .NET Framework installation, if you have any concern related to .NET Framework, could you please use Collect tool to collect the log files for further troubleshooting?

- Try to clean your "%temp%" folder (Start Menu >> Run >> Type "%temp%")
    - Download and install .NET Framework 3.5 Service Pack 1 (Full Package) 
      (For Vista or later OS, the installer must be run with administrator privileges - Right-click the installer >> "Run as Administrator")
    - Collect the logs from "%temp%" folder
       Collect tool: http://blogs.msdn.com/heaths/archive/2008/05/09/visual-studio-and-net-log-collection-utility.aspx
    - Send vslogs.cab file to me (v-yicche@microsoft.com)
      Note: Please attach the link of this post in the mail.

Best regards,
    Yichun Chen

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    Welcome to the All-In-One Code Framework! If you have any feedback, please tell us.
    • Marked as answer by YiChun Chen Monday, April 05, 2010 7:10 AM
    • Unmarked as answer by Xaade Friday, May 14, 2010 8:14 PM
    • Marked as answer by YiChun Chen Monday, May 17, 2010 3:50 AM
    Tuesday, March 30, 2010 9:38 AM
  • Bump

YiChun Chen,

I emailed what you requested.

No response.

Can someone please respond.

I've noticed recently people complaining about a corrupt transaction log, is that possibly related to my problem.

Would that explain why I can't reboot the system either. It sits on "Updating 5 of 13" indefinitely until I power the machine down. This is the windows screen that installs updates that cannot be installed while windows is running.

If this is a part of the transaction log corruption, then flushing it may solve two problems with one stone.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Xaade.

Friday, May 14, 2010 8:09 PM
  • New HRESULT after installing VS redist 2010:

0x8007054F

Old result was 

0x80071A2E

Friday, May 14, 2010 11:02 PM
  • Hi Xaade,

Thank you for your reply. I've checked my mailbox but cannot find your email. Could you please send the mail again?

This forum is for the support of .NET Framework installation. For your original post, you have some concern on install .NET Framework 3.5, right?

I would suggest you to open a new thread on this forum so that we can move to a new start here. Moreover, please provide me more information on your operation system and follow the steps that I mentioned above one by one.

If you send me the email, please attach the link of your new post. I will check the log files and try to help you on this concern.

However, I noticed that you mentioned "....why I can't reboot the system either. It sits on "Updating 5 of 13" indefinitely until I power the machine down. This is the windows screen that installs updates that cannot be installed while windows is running.". It seems that your Windows Update might have some problem. If you're running Windows Vista or later OS, I would suggest you to repair OS or restore the OS configuration to an earlier point. Here is a KB about this, please see: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/936212/
    You also can try to repair your OS from the original media.

Best regards,
    Yichun Chen
    Monday, May 17, 2010 3:49 AM