none
Aboutbox

Question

• Hello.
    I am learning to use Visual C++ Express. In some examples I found, there is an "aboutbox" to show information about the program but I can not find the "aboutbox" object in my menus. What is wrong?
    I'm using Visual C++ 2008 Express - Italian version.
    Many thanks.
    Antonio Di Leo
    Wednesday, February 11, 2009 12:44 PM

Answers

• You'll need to make one yourself.  It isn't hard if you use Windows Forms, just add a Form to your project.  Something like this:

#include "frmAbout.h"

System::Void aboutToolStripMenuItem_Click(System::Object^  sender, System::EventArgs^  e) {
          frmAbout^ frm = gcnew frmAbout();
          frm->ShowDialog(this);
          delete frm;
        }

Hans Passant.
    Wednesday, February 11, 2009 12:59 PM

All replies

• You'll need to make one yourself.  It isn't hard if you use Windows Forms, just add a Form to your project.  Something like this:

#include "frmAbout.h"

System::Void aboutToolStripMenuItem_Click(System::Object^  sender, System::EventArgs^  e) {
          frmAbout^ frm = gcnew frmAbout();
          frm->ShowDialog(this);
          delete frm;
        }

Hans Passant.
    Wednesday, February 11, 2009 12:59 PM
  • Thank you for yuor prompt answer. I must apologize for my English (not as good as I wish) so I was misunderstood.
    The problem is that the template of the "about box" is not present among available templates in the menu Project->Insert... (Progetto->Inserisci in Italian). So I can not add the aboutbox form to the project as examples show.
    Antonio Di Leo

Wednesday, February 11, 2009 1:22 PM
  • If you want a template, you'll have to switch to C#.  Real C++ programmers don't use no stinkin' templates.  But seriously, creating Windows Forms applications in C++ doesn't make a lot of sense.  There's no value-add there.  Microsoft came to the same conclusion and stopped development on C++/CLI.
    Hans Passant.
    Wednesday, February 11, 2009 2:28 PM
  • Hi, Tony

I guess the express version does not support GUI project, which means
    you are not able to create any GUI forms or windows with that version of VC++.
    Wednesday, February 11, 2009 11:46 PM
  • It does, Windows Forms is supported.  MFC isn't.

Hans Passant.
    Thursday, February 12, 2009 12:11 AM