none
Help - I'm new to VS

Question

• I'm a VB6 programmer and this is my first time using VS.

My VB6 code was converted and now I get these 2 errors and 1 warning.

I' be happy to pay someone to do a FIX for me. I know nothing about VS

Warning 1 Task attempted to find "AxImp.exe" in two locations. 1) Under the "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SDKs\Windows\v7.0A\bin\" processor specific directory which is generated based on SdkToolsPath 2) The x86 specific directory under "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SDKs\Windows\v7.0A\bin\" which is specified by the SDKToolsPath property. You may be able to solve the problem by doing one of the following:  1) Set the "SDKToolsPath" property to the location of the Microsoft Windows SDK. SerialNumberTracker

Error 2 Could not run the "GenerateResource" task because MSBuild could not create or connect to a task host with runtime "CLR2" and architecture "x86".  Please ensure that (1) the requested runtime and/or architecture are available on the machine, and (2) that the required executable "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SDKs\Windows\v8.0A\bin\NETFX 4.0 Tools\MSBuildTaskHost.exe" exists and can be run. SerialNumberTracker

Error 3 The "GenerateResource" task's outputs could not be retrieved from the "FilesWritten" parameter. Object does not match target type. SerialNumberTracker

Irwin Gretczko

Wednesday, April 11, 2012 10:32 PM

All replies

• Hi Irwin,

Thank you for your post.

Based on this case relate to VB, I am trying to involve someone familiar with this topic to further look at this issue. There might be some time delay. Appreciate your patience.

Thank you for your understanding and support.

Best Regards,

Lily Wu [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us

Thursday, April 12, 2012 7:35 AM
  • Hi hamptondude,

Welcome to the MSDN forum.

>> My VB6 code was converted and now I get these 2 errors and 1 warning.

Would you like to share more information about your application and the way you convert your VB6 application? Does your vb6 application contain some COM references or other SDK reference?

The error code also provides the suggestion for you. How about these suggestions going? Do they help to solve your issue?

I look forward your reply.

Mark Liu-lxf [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us

Friday, April 13, 2012 7:26 AM
  • I am facing the same exact issue, Please advise?
    Tuesday, May 01, 2012 9:26 PM
  • Irwin,

Hard to say without seeing any piece of code. 

I can give you some analogies but I spare you those. 

However, maybe the blog from my friend Lucian can help you in this.

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/lucian/archive/2008/11/15/where-are-the-sdk-tools-where-is-ildasm.aspx

Success
    Cor

Tuesday, May 01, 2012 10:28 PM