none
Change Host IP address, Subnet mask and Gateway settings using c# application...

Question

• Hi... 

I have to prepare a C# application. Which will detect the proxy settings of the PC & allow user to modify it.    
        How i can change the proxy settings of the PC using C# application...?

Any document or sample code will help me to get going...

Thanks in advance,
    IamHuM
    • Edited by IamHuM Monday, December 22, 2008 6:00 AM
    Friday, December 19, 2008 2:01 PM

Answers

• Hi IamHuM,

Yes, you can use WMI to configure "TCP/IP Properties" Setting(including the IP Address, Subnet Mask, and Default Gateway) programmatically using C#.

Here is an sample project to list your existing TCP/IP setting information and reconfigure these information. Please refer to Configuring TCP/IP Settings using WMI and C#.

Note: when using the sample project, you need to add a reference to System.Management.dll.

Please have a try.

Best regards,
    Guo

• Marked as answer by Guo Surfer Friday, December 26, 2008 12:24 PM
    Thursday, December 25, 2008 7:40 AM

All replies

• There are no proxy settings of a PC. Every browser may have it's own settings. Check all the browsers your users may use and search by their respective forums/home pages.
    This is not a C# question.
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they answered your question :)
    Friday, December 19, 2008 3:40 PM
  • Hi...

Sorry but my question is different. I entered it wrongly. My apology for the same.

Here is what i want actually.

I am retriving my system IP address, subnet mask and Gateway usng my C# application. And I want to change the IP address, Sub-Net mask and Gateway value of my PC using C# application. 
        How i can do this...? What are the values we can change programatically...?

Thanks in advance,
    IamHuM
    Monday, December 22, 2008 5:59 AM
  • Hi IamHuM,

Yes, you can use WMI to configure "TCP/IP Properties" Setting(including the IP Address, Subnet Mask, and Default Gateway) programmatically using C#.

Here is an sample project to list your existing TCP/IP setting information and reconfigure these information. Please refer to Configuring TCP/IP Settings using WMI and C#.

Note: when using the sample project, you need to add a reference to System.Management.dll.

Please have a try.

Best regards,
    Guo

• Marked as answer by Guo Surfer Friday, December 26, 2008 12:24 PM
    Thursday, December 25, 2008 7:40 AM
  • Hi Guo....

Thanks for your reply...

One more doubt i have is... Can i change these settings even though i am not an administrator o that system...?

Is it possible in .Net...

Thanks once again for your reply...

Regards,
    IamHuM
    Monday, December 29, 2008 1:27 PM