none
I want to write a program with C# on the VS2010 platform. The program should be able to control FPGA through USB (the main chip of USB is Cypress).

General discussion

•     I am a freshman of C# programming. Few days ago, I was asked to  write a program with C# on VS2010 platform. The program should be able to control the hardware curcuit with FPGA as the main MCU through USB interface. The control chip of USB is Cypress. These days, I have been searching materials from Internet and various kinds of books, but I still do not have a clear thinking and suitable method. Please show me some basic knowledge that I should learn and some demos that I could study as examples. Thank you very much. I will appreciate your answers.
    Monday, November 11, 2013 2:45 AM

All replies

• Hi chjd,

Welcome to MSDN FOrum Support.

I am sorry to tell you that we have no way to meet your requirement.  We have no need to develop the problem regarding FPGA using C#. You can find other ways to solve it.

Sincerely,

Jason Wang

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Tuesday, November 12, 2013 7:36 AM
  • You need to be sure about the protocol USB interface is being used. Some of them are open source, for some you need drivers, it all depends on your FPGA,

Some of the open source are for HID ,

http://simplehidlibrary.codeplex.com/

I think you can get better support from your hardware vendor for USB driver support.

Mark Answered, if it solves your question and Vote if you found it helpful.
    Rohit Arora

Tuesday, November 12, 2013 9:33 AM