none
Internet downloader

Question

• Hi there

Is there a way in which I can intercept a download when the user clicks on a link in IE6 or IE7 ?

If so, could someone please advise me.

Many Thanks,

Charles

Friday, November 21, 2008 11:57 AM

Answers

•  Is there a way in which I can intercept a download when the user clicks on a link in IE6 or IE7 ?

If you are an administrator you perhapos can do it. You can certainly do it with very large downloads (over 2GB) because those are managed by MS File Transfer Manager. You can detect the invocation of this API by checking all applications running periodically as follows:

System.Diagnostics.Process[ ] prc = System.Diagnostics.Process.GetProcesses ( );

This will give you all the processes currently running on your system. Smaller downloads may be mediated thru yet another exec which you can detect as well. It is possible that it is in Windows\Syste32\ directory. I don't now the name.

AlexB
    • Marked as answer by Harry Zhu Thursday, November 27, 2008 1:04 AM
    Saturday, November 22, 2008 4:07 PM

All replies

• Yes, you can assign an event for WebBrowser component.
    And no if you want to control what users do in their own programs.
    • Unmarked as answer by sokka.sta Sunday, November 30, 2008 1:40 PM
    • Marked as answer by sokka.sta Sunday, November 30, 2008 1:40 PM
    • Unmarked as answer by sokka.sta Sunday, November 30, 2008 1:41 PM
    Friday, November 21, 2008 1:03 PM
  •  Is there a way in which I can intercept a download when the user clicks on a link in IE6 or IE7 ?

If you are an administrator you perhapos can do it. You can certainly do it with very large downloads (over 2GB) because those are managed by MS File Transfer Manager. You can detect the invocation of this API by checking all applications running periodically as follows:

System.Diagnostics.Process[ ] prc = System.Diagnostics.Process.GetProcesses ( );

This will give you all the processes currently running on your system. Smaller downloads may be mediated thru yet another exec which you can detect as well. It is possible that it is in Windows\Syste32\ directory. I don't now the name.

AlexB
    Saturday, November 22, 2008 4:07 PM
  • OK Alex.

THanks for the info, will try the open-source forums
    Sunday, November 30, 2008 1:47 PM