none
MSVCR80.dll

Question

• I was trying to install a disc from my college classes and i keep getting this error, couldn't find libraryMSVCR80.dll (required by C:\PROGRAM~\COMMON~\MICROS~1\OFFICE12\MSOXMLMF.DLL) I have run RegCure to try and fix the problem to no avail. Any suggestions? Also at start up, I get a rundell.dll error is this the problem?
    Tuesday, January 30, 2007 2:18 AM

Answers

• what are you tring to install?

this link has a lot of discussion about msvcr80.dll not found:http://forums.microsoft.com/MSDN/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=15808&SiteID=1, just for your reference

Tuesday, January 30, 2007 3:41 AM
  • This is a forum for resolving issues for users of Visual C++.  You would be better served by investigating your support options for the application you are trying to install.
    Wednesday, January 31, 2007 1:57 AM
  • <p>Actually, the problem does exist in other products and is NOT a problem with the vendor. I have found the same problem exists using other products, such as Adobe (formerly Macromedia) flash player.The problem is with Microsoft Office 2007. </p>

<p>We have tested this extensively with multiple laptops (I work for a major university) and found that there is no problem with Office 2003 running and a problem propogates when they are either upgraded to Office 2007 or when a fresh install of the OS, all patches, and then Office 2007. </p>

<p>I wish Microsoft would stop blaming everyone else for what is happening inside of their own core code sets.Now... part of the problem is the shared files called for the XML and the .NET framework. (*note for the MS Employee here, these are operated by MICROSOFT OS and provided in patches). </p>

<p>A possible workaround for this is: </p>

<p>Click Start, click Run, type regsvr32.exe /u "c:\program files\common files\microsoft shared\office11\msoxmlmf.dll", and then click OK.</p>

<p>If the Msoxmlmf.dll filter is installed in a location that is not the default location, type the path of the actual location of the filter.</p>
    Thursday, June 14, 2007 5:35 PM

All replies

• what are you tring to install?

this link has a lot of discussion about msvcr80.dll not found:http://forums.microsoft.com/MSDN/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=15808&SiteID=1, just for your reference

Tuesday, January 30, 2007 3:41 AM
  • This is a forum for resolving issues for users of Visual C++.  You would be better served by investigating your support options for the application you are trying to install.
    Wednesday, January 31, 2007 1:57 AM
  • I, too, am experiencing the same error.  I have bought a SanDisk flash drive and am attempting to run "LaunchPad Tour" under the main "U3 Smart Programs" menu.  The error message is:

"Executable 'C:\[blah... blah...]\Exec\master.exe had the following unrecoverable error:

Couldn't find library MSVCR80.dll (required by C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\MICROS~1\OFFICE12\MSOXMLMF.DLL)"

I have installed all currently available updates, but the error persists.  I am running under Windows XP.  In my total naivety, I'm wondering whether the problem exists because of an incompatibility with Microsoft Office 2007?

I sure would like to get an answer to this, and I figure that the best place to get an answer is here!

Sincerely, KBarrett

Thursday, April 26, 2007 4:38 PM
  • Sorry, this is due to an error in the sandisk application's setup.  Please contact SanDisk to resolve the issue.
    Monday, May 07, 2007 5:06 PM
  • Thanks!

Kevin Barrett

Wednesday, May 09, 2007 10:54 PM
  • You're wrong, Ben. The fault for this problem lies with a Microsoft employee. Post #8 in this in the forum linked below will start you on the way to discovering the truth.

http://www.forumplanet.com/planetcallofduty/topic.asp?fid=15781&tid=1935850

The solution, in most cases, is to browse the install disk and install from the setup file, not using the autoplay install.
    Monday, May 21, 2007 1:47 PM
  • That has absolutely nothing to do with this issue and was a warning not to do what was posted in that thread.  Contact Sandisk for support.  Do not copy arbitrary dll files you find on the web.  The file msvcr80.dll must be installed properly by the vendor or it will not work and will almost definitely seriously damage your system.
    Tuesday, May 22, 2007 11:56 PM
  • <p>Actually, the problem does exist in other products and is NOT a problem with the vendor. I have found the same problem exists using other products, such as Adobe (formerly Macromedia) flash player.The problem is with Microsoft Office 2007. </p>

<p>We have tested this extensively with multiple laptops (I work for a major university) and found that there is no problem with Office 2003 running and a problem propogates when they are either upgraded to Office 2007 or when a fresh install of the OS, all patches, and then Office 2007. </p>

<p>I wish Microsoft would stop blaming everyone else for what is happening inside of their own core code sets.Now... part of the problem is the shared files called for the XML and the .NET framework. (*note for the MS Employee here, these are operated by MICROSOFT OS and provided in patches). </p>

<p>A possible workaround for this is: </p>

<p>Click Start, click Run, type regsvr32.exe /u "c:\program files\common files\microsoft shared\office11\msoxmlmf.dll", and then click OK.</p>

<p>If the Msoxmlmf.dll filter is installed in a location that is not the default location, type the path of the actual location of the filter.</p>
    Thursday, June 14, 2007 5:35 PM
  •  Thanks, Jonathan,

Your suggested workaround worked perfectly for me from the default location.

I hope that someone from Microsoft Office 2007 reads this!

Kevin

Monday, June 18, 2007 8:50 PM
  • I have tried all of the options in this forum, none work , I am  still receiving errors on

Couldn’t find library MSVCR80.dll (required by " just pick a dll" 

This is from the SBS tool kit cd for sbs partners, All was fine till I updated all of the laptops to 2007 office ENt edition. used in the audit process of sbs tool kits . It worked for 2003 office perfect. So it would appear its a MS only problem, However I have 4 customers audits to do tomorrow and no solution .

error message summary is run sbs tools and try to save tech or business assestments or open a document on sbs disk

Couldn’t find library MSVCR80.dll (required by c:\program files\microsoft office\office12\gr99d3~1.dll)

Couldn’t find library MSVCR80.dll (required by c:\program files\microsoft office\office12\GrooveUtil.DLL)

Couldn’t find library MSVCR80.dll (required by c:\program files\microsoft office\office12\msohevi.dll)

search c: drive for msvcr80.dll shows this as the location

C:\WINNT\WinSxS\x86_Microsoft.VC80.CRT_1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b_8.0.50727.163_x-ww_681e29fb

C:\WINNT\WinSxS\x86_Microsoft.VC80.CRT_1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b_8.0.50727.42_x-ww_0de06acd

any ideas . .... thanks george

Sunday, July 29, 2007 7:09 PM
  • Hello Jonathan.  Thanks.  Absolutely right.  Unreg cured my problem.
    I was reinstalling Logitech Set Point (Blue Tooth older vers) and got the same mess.  Now, OK.

>>  regsvr32.exe /u "c:\program files\common files\microsoft shared\office11\msoxmlmf.dll"

DanMS

Thursday, September 13, 2007 8:54 AM
  •  

I had same problem when I tried to run an education software for my college. They informed me to delete the dll file, I did and Office seems to generate that file again in every few days. I tried to unregister it, but got an error: DllUnregisterServer at c:\program files\common files\microsoft shared\office12\msoxmlmf.dll failed. Return key: 0x8000ffff
    Tuesday, October 16, 2007 5:17 AM
  • The solution which fixed our problem,
    1) restore the system from a ghost image not containing ms office. The XP pro image has all of the updates to ms xp pro. Update to office pro 2007 and add patches. This was our solution no more dll errros when running the sbs audit tools.

The cause of the dll error , just update an office 2003 to office 2007 and add the office patches. This caused the dll errors on all of our desktops and laptops while running the sbs audit tools. We found in all cases the update of office 2003 would generate the errors on our setups.

Just to make sure this was the cause we installed office 2003 and updated to 2007 xp pro and added all patches on our ghost image. Inserted the sbs tool audit cd and tried to save a ms word tech or business audit and the dll file not found appears and unable to run other ms office products. We also tried to uninstall office 2003 and update to 2007 but the dll error still appears. The ghost image works if installing office 2007 without an office 2003 install

my suggstion would be to never update a office 2003 but run office 2007 since its a much better product. This also improves on performance if you never update office 2003 , this helps more than anything.

release management works 
    Tuesday, October 16, 2007 12:53 PM
  •  

Then this is even more complicated. The computers are all new from August, WIndows XP with MS Office 2007, fully updated too.
    Wednesday, October 17, 2007 3:39 AM
  • I know this post is a little old, but I wanted to share my experiences with this error. Upon further research, I found the MS KB article 841532 (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/841532). It suggests what was suggested earlier, to unregister the dll in question to resolve the issue. I tried it and received the same error 0x8000ffff. I decided to review the KB article and it notes something at the bottom of the article:

The Microsoft Office XML MIME Filter (Msoxmlmf.dll) is registered under the following registry key:
    HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Protocols\Filter\text/xml
    Removing this key also prevents the filter from loading in a custom application.

Going out on a limb, I decided to remove the key in question. Guess what? That resolved the error and loaded the application. I'm making a bit of amateurish guess here, but I get the feeling the registry key in question may have been registered to an old and/or nonexistant version of the dll and windows for some reason could not or would not unregister the faulty or nonexistant dll. I'll leave that statement for the code monkeys to validate. Wink
    Saturday, January 12, 2008 5:10 PM
  •  

I'm having the same error, I keep getting this (required by C:\PROGRAM~\COMMON~\MICROS~1\OFFICE12\MSOXMLMF.DLL), I tried doing the solution I found here http://support.microsoft.com/kb/841532 but I couldnt find Msoxmlmf.dll in my computer, it's probably not installed if that's even possible? Can someone help me?
    Thursday, January 17, 2008 6:40 AM
  • I'm using Microsoft office 2007 and I'm having a problem while I'm installing Nokia PC Suite, I keep getting this (required by C:\PROGRAM~\COMMON~\MICROS~1\OFFICE12\MSOXMLMF.DLL), I tried doing the solution I found here http://support.microsoft.com/kb/841532 but I couldnt find Msoxmlmf.dll in my computer, it's probably not installed if that's even possible? Can you please help me? putting in minde that I'm using Office 2007 and not 2003.

Thank yoou for your help

Afy

Wednesday, February 06, 2008 6:54 PM
  • Thanks Johnathon for the "on the mark" information concerning this .dll.

A friend of mine was trying to install educational disks (Health care software) that were tied in to

MSN MESSENGER LIVE for log in etc. and the error message was

"missing file MSVCR80.dll required by C:\program files\msn messenger\fsshext.8.1.0178.00.dll"

and the program refused to execute.

So I did what you said substituting the msn messenger path for the msoffice path: Thus:

Click Start, click Run, type regsvr32.exe /u "c:\program files\msn messenger\fsshext.8.1.0178.00.dll", and then click OK.

And the programs worked as they were intended to..

People at Microsoft need to have their heads examined. They expect people to upgrade and buy new product so fast that

anybody who is not computer savvy gets left out in the cold.

Saturday, February 09, 2008 1:38 AM
  • Thank you, that solved my issue as well.

Thursday, February 21, 2008 7:40 AM
  • Thanks a lot!!!

After losing lot of time reading posts and trying everything, this finally solved my problem.

Jordi
    Wednesday, April 09, 2008 4:53 PM
  •  

removing the CLSID from HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Protocols\Filter\text/xml
    worked for me. 

(Trying to install HP Laserjet P2015dn)

Monday, September 15, 2008 3:11 PM
  • believe it or not, removing that registry key simply makes things work. don't forget to back it up before deleting anyway. ;)
    Friday, February 13, 2009 9:28 AM
  • I was getting the same :

"Couldn't find library MSVCR80.dll (required by C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\MICROS~1\OFFICE12\MSOXMLMF.DLL)" error

when trying to install Navigon MN5 to a new computer.

It had always loaded perfectly well on my old XP-based computer and so I assumed it was caused by Vista. I rang Navigon and was told it was caused by port settings and if I opened up all ports greater than 1021 or something then it would be fine.

I had no idea how to even go about changing port settings so I persevered with googling my problem and I am very happy to say that in the end, I followed the advice in this thread - I deleted the CLSID from HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Protocols\Filter\text/xml as directed and everything worked perfectly.

It would be interesting to know why this works or why it went wrong - maybe the upgrade to Office 2007 (Office 12)?

Anyway - just a big thanks to whoever suggested this fix because it works and I am very grateful! 
    Friday, May 01, 2009 7:06 PM
  • removing the CLSID from HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Protocols\Filter\text/xml worked for me (im installing ARTI test reading test)
    Friday, September 25, 2009 12:25 PM
  • This was the only solution which worked for me too. The dll problems stopped, although I don't know what other effects changing the register will have.
    • Proposed as answer by Danlih Tuesday, June 01, 2010 6:38 PM
    Tuesday, April 20, 2010 5:21 PM
  • I was getting the same :
    "Couldn't find library MSVCR80.dll (required by C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\MICROS~1\OFFICE12\MSOXMLMF.DLL)" error when starting my kids game joyOfMusic.exe

I followed the advice in this thread (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/841532)
    I deleted the CLSID from HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Protocols\Filter\text/xml as directed and everything worked perfectly.

Danlih
    Tuesday, June 01, 2010 6:39 PM
  • I'm getting this error with a game ("The Movies") on my computer. I was wondering what effect deleting the CLSID from HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Protocols\Filter\text/xml and removing the filter would have on Microsoft Office and on other programs.
    Monday, June 28, 2010 4:09 PM
  • 其实很简单,就是把 MSOXMLMF.DLL改一下名就可以了,操作如下:
    开始-〉运行-〉cmd ->
    rename  "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\OFFICE12\MSOXMLMF.DLL" MSOXMLMF.DLL1
    Sunday, September 12, 2010 4:14 PM